Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 2, 2015 -> 01:32 PM) Bears selected Penn State DB Adrian Amos with the No. 142 overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft. Amos (6'1/218) played the boundary, slot, and safety for the Nittany Lions, starting 38 games and compiling 9.0 career TFLs, three sacks, and seven interceptions. He wasn't beaten for a single touchdown pass as a senior. Amos ran 4.56 at the Combine, but showed short-area quicks with a 4.03 short shuttle. Amos improved his forty to 4.39 at the PSU Pro Day and has extensive special teams experience. Amos is a bit of a tweener defensive back, but his versatility should get him on the field early. Not a fan of day 3 We are all very surprised at this
  2. I don't see that he is a reach, ESPN has him ranked 97 and they got him with the 106th pick. Whether you think the Bears needed to draft a RB is another argument
  3. Jeff Teague looks weirder every time I see him
  4. QUOTE (icroca @ May 2, 2015 -> 08:31 AM) Way out of the zone? What game were you watching? The game everyone was watching. The game where he swung at two pitches way out of the zone and sat and watched the third strike down the middle of the plate with his bat on his shoulder
  5. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:55 PM) I was laughing just now thinking about Greg....Moustakas and Hosmer have both had key bunt hits against the shift that led to big innings in recent games. Meanwhile, Chris Young is outpitching Samardzija and anyone in baseball could have signed him...and we would still have Semien, Bassit and Ravelo. Rios/Orlando/Dyson > Melky Morales > LaRoche I'm sure any GM would rather have Chris Young than Samardzija. And they all laughed at Hahn behind his back when the trade was made
  6. QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:19 PM) Why did Alexei not throw it to second. He should be out His momentum was carrying him to the hole, the degree of difficulty to throw to second in that situation is a lot higher
  7. Scs why aren't your links formatting
  8. QUOTE (scs787 @ May 1, 2015 -> 05:07 PM) What's interesting is I'm reading that ADHD should actually help athletes. www.forbes.com/sites/dalearcher/2014/07/16/how-adhd-puts-athletes-in-the-zone Maybe within their sports, but giving a guy millions of dollars and dropping him into the real world is what is giving these teams pause.
  9. QUOTE (Jake @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:29 PM) Either way, I'm not going to blame the guy for what has happened to him. He may have self-inflicted one injury, but it's not his hand that forced him into retirement. No, it didn't force him into retirement, but it derailed the 2008 season, which was my point
  10. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 1, 2015 -> 04:23 PM) I thought he punched his bat. That is the reason given. There was rumors at the time that he got pissed and went in the locker area and punched something that did not give Here is his denial http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2008-09...entin-bat-wrist
  11. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:42 PM) Perhaps true but that bat-slap-of-the-wrist was so damn innocuous. Yeah, he was wound kind of tight. But players have inflicted less on themselves with more tightly-wound moments than that one. Bad luck. Yea, I believe the rumor that he punched a locker/wall.
  12. QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 1, 2015 -> 01:37 PM) Man. 2008 was such a special year. Crazy that he has walked away from it all at 32. As special as he made it, he also unraveled it. That guy was truly his own worst enemy
  13. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 1, 2015 -> 12:40 PM) What are the character issues? I thought the biggest concern were whether he could handle the rigors of football. I know all of the reports have been "vague" outside of his pot issue, however, I don't know that it takes the extreme of character concerns. Did he have off the field issues involving violence, etc? The word is ADHD, which affects his decision making. The question is whether he can handle being a pro, and not being within a college system that can manage him.
  14. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2015 -> 09:02 AM) We need to bring Heads out of game thread retirement. Heads is the secret weapon. Break Glass In Case Of Emergency
  15. I wonder if La'el Collins gets drafted. NFL rejected his request to withdraw
  16. I wonder how far Gregory drops. His mental profile must really be scary, because he is a first round talent
  17. QUOTE (StRoostifer @ May 1, 2015 -> 08:22 AM) I thought Quinavery was making the game threads? My, have we become superstitious. Just messin with ya Ky. Q lost. Next man up!
  18. Kyyle23 replied to Balta1701's topic in SLaM
    I think T1 and T2 are similar to Alien and Aliens in that the sequels are wholly different from the originals. Both of the originals are all about being trapped by the unknown, not knowing what is hunting you and why, whereas the sequels are all about showing off the star enemy of the original in a different way. I like all four movies, I dont see the sequels as being better than the originals, but I definitely see them being just as good.
  19. QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 02:10 PM) The good part about being Chip Kelly is that any plane ride back to college has a multimillion dollar contract when he lands. Yea, he doesnt have anything to lose. He tried the NFL, it didnt work. back to national championship contending. Who needs a coach?
  20. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 30, 2015 -> 01:45 PM) @JayGlazer Scoopage: Agent for LSU's La'el Collins trying to pull him from this draft allowing him time to clear his name then enter Supplemental Draft. You mean it isnt good to enter the draft as a murder suspect of your baby momma?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.