Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 11:58 AM) I'm sure it won't go anywhere, but... Travis Waldron ‏@Travis_Waldron 32m Sen. Maria Cantwell: "In the next few days I will be dropping legislation to end" NFL's nonprofit tax status. PS. VOTE FOR ME
  2. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 16, 2014 -> 10:16 AM) ChiTribSports ‏@ChiTribSports 9m Radisson suspends its sponsorship of Vikings http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break....html?track=rss … Apparently Radisson did not like being featured prominently behind Spielman yesterday during his disastrous press conference
  3. Fales and Fiammetta brought back, Fales to the practice squad
  4. @KHOU Adrian Peterson investigated for another abuse accusation involving another one of his sons.
  5. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 05:49 PM) He was suspended for 2 games. Now he's been released from his team and indefinitely suspended. If you think the two actions are really that similar in matters of degree, well, I'm simply going to have to disagree with you there. I know the vast majority of fans are sitting here thinking, how incredibly stupid could the league be? But in my opinion it is just a tad more complex than you guys are recognizing. I didn't say they were similar punishments at all, I merely pointed out that the NFL did actually take action against Ray Rice with no charges filed, whereas now they are hiding behind due process for Hardy and AP and McDonald. And I never said the second punishments for rice were the correct courses of action, I think it was a massive and incorrect overcorrection after they had the video rubbed in their noses. I understand I am not a lawyer like you shack, but I can see there are differences. It just seems to me that the NFL is creating hypocrisies on the situations presented, one after another after another. At some point daddy Goodell has to step in and get a handle on this s***
  6. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 05:40 PM) Yeah, and it took a video of him knocking the s*** out of her in an elevator to make them yield to public pressure. I mentioned then it was not a good precedent to set and it wasn't. So now what do we have? Pictures of wounds a father inflicted on his child. Now all the sudden the NFL has to decide whether they want to enter the arena of telling parents how to discipline their children, when the United States as a whole has resisted entering that arena for the last 40 years, basically. You think Goodell is sitting there thinking, I can't wait to see what other pictures and videos show up of my star players breaking the law... He was suspended before the video came out, he was suspended MORE after it came out Should they get it right and put him on suspension before the pic of a 4 year old with a black eye comes out? I really could care less what Goodell is worried about. This is his job, pull up your boots and earn your 40 mil per year
  7. QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 05:33 PM) It isn't quite that simple...an admission of guilt to what? Being a bad father? Balta just posted an article showing a Texas jury probably wouldn't convict him. So now we are suspending star players without due process, with some then being acquitted? You think that is a good road to go down if you're in charge of the league right now? That's just a mess. Especially since the Commissioner alone is in charge of handing out the suspensions currently? They need to get league wide policies out there which lay out the penalties, then administer them consistently. They need to educate and promote awareness (which they are in the process of doing now). It's not as simple as just suspending guys left and right arbitrarily, especially when the media is going to be digging up arrest records like nobody's business. I mean, Ray Rice was just suspended without being arrested or charged with anything, merely based on video of him doing something we already knew he did. I am torn here, I understand due process, but is Adrian Peterson only to be suspended by the NFL if a court finds him guilty(which looks iffy at best)? Even though we all know and he admitted to beating his kid? I find that strange
  8. I think we all need to learn to accept that this whole thing is gonna be really f***ed up for a while. There is no process to follow, there is no rules, so everyone is playing by ear. The good players will play until the NFL suspends them. Rick Spielman just had one of the worst press conferences a GM could have had. He basically said "child abuse is bad. Losing is worse. We will wait on it"
  9. QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 03:47 PM) Steve just made a HUGE mistake. im not gonna even call him out on it. Up until the 4th quarter last night, everyone was thinking the same thing he was
  10. QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 03:43 PM) Gonna be interesting to see the kid Fuller grow up quickly now. Tillman will be sorely missed. im not so concerned about him replacing Tillman as much as i am concerned about whomever replaces Fuller at nickel. With him, Jennings and Tillman on the field at the same time, no pass is safe.
  11. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 02:13 PM) I guess Conte is questionable on Monday with a shoulder strain. All things considered that was good news as I think the Bears expected it to be worse. I'm most curious about Tillman because I'm a huge fan of his. twitter is already buzzing that the bears are placing him on season ending IR
  12. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 02:04 PM) When do the injury reports come out? I think they have to start coming out by wednesday to account for TNF
  13. i hope it is Louis-Jean. That guy lasted until the final cuts, and Frey was bounced pretty quickly. ALJ looks like a ball hawk
  14. Vereen missed a sack on a free run at Kaep, but I liked him out there
  15. QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 09:07 AM) The Bears D frustrated their run game quite a bit at times, but I'm inclined to think SF should have gone back to the ground a bit more...especially when they seemed to have total control of the game they really went away from it when the bears had that huge 3rd and 1 stop in the third quarter(Ratliff was a beast on that play)
  16. QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 15, 2014 -> 08:32 AM) For real. Fuller's first INT and Conte's INT were both just stellar plays by the two of them. Both of Fullers interceptions were stellar. the second one he totally hid himself in his gap and Kaep didnt even see him. Last night the kids came out to play. After fuller, Bostic was taking a lot of time away from DJ Williams, and Brock Vereen also had a lot of time at safety, as well as Michael Ola, Ego Ferguson and Will Sutton getting a lot of minutes.
  17. Just like the loss to the bills made me hate last week, this win is going to make this week so much better
  18. Cutler said he felt like his chest bone touched his backbone when he got hit
  19. Willie Young was a man possessed tonite
  20. This is the game they needed to steal after losing last week. This season isn't over just yet Cutler manned up
  21. Guys, this is f***ing crazy
  22. I wonder if Jay got popped in the ribs or sternum
  23. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Sep 14, 2014 -> 09:14 PM) They're never going to be able to square him up. Honestly, if Urlacher came back now, he'd probably be no worse than their 2nd best defender. They blasted him twice on the drive where he fumbled
  24. No discipline in special teams
  25. Come on Bears, step up and surprise us

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.