Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. I like Benetti and Stone. Their banter is great, but I guess it isn't for everyone. For those saying to focus on the game. This isn't football or basketball. It's hard to focus on the game of baseball for 3+ hours.
  2. QUOTE (Sockin @ Jul 18, 2017 -> 10:32 PM) Ok it's over, make it official. Yankees still playing.
  3. Clippard was just warming in the Yankees bullpen.
  4. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 08:03 PM) Yet you wanted them to postpone the game this morning, and reschedule for tomorrow, even tho you still wouldn't have been able to go to the make up tomorrow? Me thinks you would have been mad no matter what happened. I'm mad they got the weather they needed to play and didn't. If It poured rain all day I would've understood.
  5. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:38 PM) Technically you still get your premium ticket for tomorrow's game. And then you get a non premium ticket to an additional game for your trouble. Lol. I can't make it tomorrow and I can get a non premium ticket for half of what I paid today on stubhub to any game later this season. Plus the 20 bucks I paid in parking. So it's not a deal at all. Not even close.
  6. There's zero tickets listed on stubhub for tomorrow's game and now my tickets for it will not validate when I try to upload them, assuming that's the issue. Thanks white sox. Now I can't even get any more for them.
  7. I'll say it one more time. Looking at the forecast yesterday and this morning the weather the sox got from 3-6 today is the absolute best they could've hoped for. Yesterday storms were predicted during that slot, this morning just rain. They ended up with no rain/drizzle for 2 hours and light rain after that. If they didn't want to play in it then they should've called the game yesterday or this morning. Instead they got every fan there and got the absolute best weather they could've hoped for and still called it. s***ty move by a s***ty organization. I'm so glad I can trade my premium ticket for a non premium ticket though. Edit: and its not like you couldn't foresee this, at 2:30 there was barely any rain and the radar showed a huge window to get the game in.
  8. The game could've been official by now
  9. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM) I am not saying it is on you, but the intent was to play the game today. With a day game, most people who attended had to get work off. If they called the game and rescheduled for tomorrow, a good chunk of the ticket holders wouldn't be there. Several posters have said as much today. The situation sucks, and I wouldn't be thrilled if I were you either, but they were trying to do what was in the best interest of the majority. I understand the frustration, but not exactly sure what you would have preferred them to do. Plus, for all we know, this game will still get played. The issue is the game should've started at 3:10'andnirs literally barely rained since. They knew this was the best weather they could've gotten. So if they're not playing in it or weren't willing too why not call it early and let the majority figure it out
  10. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM) To be fair, they aren't the only organization that operates this way. Games are rarely called day before/early morning of. It's opening day. They leave a day off in their schedule literally for this reason. There's an offday tomorrow for this reason.
  11. QUOTE (Sox-35th @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:27 PM) Once they say the game is on, they're going to wait quite a while. They want you to see baseball because most of you can't come back tomorrow. Most of us can't stick around until 8-9-10 tonight either.
  12. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:24 PM) To be fair, you bought the tickets for a game in early April. You should know the weather sucks here. To be fair I expect more from an organization. If they had called it this morning like they should've if they were not willing to play in a drizzle. I would've been fine.
  13. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 04:15 PM) No one forced you to show up when the forecast was sh** all along. No sure what you expected. They obviously want to get the game in if possible on OD. Yeah because I can predict the future when buying tickets in early march. The white sox however knew they were not willing to play in this weather and still didn't call it this morning. And now they're dicking me around when I still showed up and tailgated even with this forecast. First pitch should've been 70 minutes ago. A light drizzle is the most weve seen since then. So no this isn't on me. It's on this worthless organization, and if I don't get a full refund for today plus a voucher for a free game I won't be spending my money here anymore, and I attend 15+ games a year.
  14. If they didn't want to play in this weather they should've called it this morning. Everyone and their mother knew this is what the weather was going to be like. Classless move by an organization that's quickly falling out of this cities mind. Maybe rightfully so.
  15. Tarp now covering the infield fully. Could've been in the 3rd inning by now. Barely any rain in the last hour. Epic fail by this organization. Not surprising though
  16. Nevermind it was just for the first pitch.
  17. Tarp now coming off the field fully
  18. Pitchers not warming up. This game isn't being played anytime soon
  19. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 03:39 PM) I thought someone above said the tarp came off? Just on basepaths. Over the majority of infield still
  20. Tarp still on the infield. No rain. Has barely been drizzling since 3pm. Remember this when the game gets delayed in the 5th
  21. QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 03:21 PM) Dude, relax. It is raining. What do you want them to do? It is not raining
  22. Now no longer raining. Tarp still on field. f***ing joke. At least tell us what the plan is.
  23. It's barely even drizzling here and has been since 2 pm. Absolute joke this game hasn't started. And they have a window to play it in. If they were not willing to play in this they should've called it at 8am.
  24. QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 3, 2017 -> 07:24 AM) Well I'm sure a lot of people can't get Tueday off, at least I know my entire group can't. So for us, any chance of getting this game in today is preferred, even if it results in a last-minute postponement. Same. If the game gets canceled oh well. I want to tailgate and have fun with my friends, something that wouldn't have happened tomorrow.
  25. The 83 jersey hate is unwarranted. Those are the best jerseys they have.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.