Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 10, 2015 -> 09:24 PM) If he can do what he did today each time he pitches, I'd be more than happy with him. Giving up 1-2 runs over 7 innings isn't that bad from a #5 starter. That isn't that bad from any starter.
  2. 2 tickets to today's game. Section 107. Will email them for free to the first person who PMs me their name/email address.
  3. QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 6, 2015 -> 11:07 PM) The ball he hit would've been a double play if McCann didn't get throw out. He'd be using a much different approach at the plate with a guy at 3rd and 1 out. So you can't say that.
  4. I'm a high school teacher and I do this all the time. So no.
  5. Where the hell was mike dunleavy?
  6. I don't know if I'll watch game 6. Not worth it at this point. I'll save myself 2.5 hours.
  7. This team is so frustrating to watch sometimes.
  8. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 08:38 PM) What has the weather been like in April? The ball carries in USCF a lot differently in the summer months (June-August) than April through mid-May and mid to late September. Many of those balls coming up just short at the fence, like the one Melky Cabrera speared, are going to be homers instead. Ball was carrying today. Gordon's homer shouldn't have went out. The ball melky caught felt like it just kept going.
  9. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 10:37 AM) Coming out of the huddle of the last play of the Bulls game, I asked out loud why Derrick Rose was on the floor for a defensive possession at the end of the game. I am still waiting for my answer. Dude didn't even get screened. He just lost Mayo. Embarrassingly bad. He's played pretty good defense all series. Especially on ball. I would've had him in there.
  10. kev211 replied to Kyyle23's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 02:34 AM) Anyone doing a franchise in The Show, got a question. I had Rodon in the rotation starting around June, and simmed the rest of the season. When it came to renewing all the contacts for the off-season, you can only make Rodon a basic free agent offer, although his status says "Contract Renewable". If I don't do anything with him in December, he just becomes a free agent. Why isn't he under contract with the Sox, and why doesn't he just get his major league salary another year, since he is a player under team control? He signed with the Rangers, so I just restarted the off-season from my last save. You might have to offer him a contract to keep the rights to him? Then in like February you can just auto renew his contract if he doesn't accept the original offer.
  11. QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 25, 2015 -> 09:15 AM) It's either that or a doubleheader right after the All-Star Break. Both teams have off days around the 28th, so it's not a bad time to do it. Double header. Screw that off day travel mess.
  12. Jesus the royals pen is just ridiculous.
  13. Laroche trying to kill it when we just need a base hit.
  14. QUOTE (SCCWS @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 09:42 PM) Another way to look at this is the Cubs are averaging about 2,000 less fans per game versus last year's avg. The Sox are averaging about 2,000 more. So 2,000 Cub fans have seen the light and been converted. Hallelujah!!! The cubs have 2,000 less seats in their ballpark right now than they did last year.
  15. QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 11:35 PM) Was that Jenks' necklace that went flying after the final out of the WS? Almost looks like it was in his hand as soon as he threw the last pitch I rewound that so many times. Definitely is. Was weird that I noticed it last night for the first time ever. I'm confused how it got to his hand though after he pitched the ball from it.
  16. QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 09:13 PM) I have a friend who's dad has worked for the Sox for years and one day he told me that when Buehrle came in for the save in game 3 in Houston, he had been drinking. I said no way. What Garland just said has confirmed that. Unreal. I did a double take when he said that, and rewound to confirm. Wow.
  17. QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Apr 12, 2015 -> 01:39 AM) I would imagine there are plenty of playoff teams that have lost 4 in a row at some point during a season. Say we win six in a row now. I'm sure there are plenty of playoff teams that have won at a 60% clip Get off the ledge people. We have a lot of good players. It seems like it can work. 60 percent is 97 wins. That's playoffs for sure.
  18. QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 01:51 PM) I need help as well. I'm in Oak Lawn and I have comcast but no tv, so I have to watch on my computer. How to I find the livestream for sox games, such as today's game on WGN??? I keep getting the news. Am I blacked out??? You don't. MLB games do not stream online in market.
  19. Robinson can pitch. Wow
  20. QUOTE (kapzk @ Apr 11, 2015 -> 03:56 PM) Can they review if the lane is blocked? Yes
  21. Soto is playing real well today and he bats shuck. Wtf
  22. Let's give samardzija credit where credit is due. Dude pitched his ass off after the second inning.
  23. Why can none of our pitchers work themselves into pitchers counts. So sick of 2-0 2-1
  24. Lifeless baseball being played by us all week. What a joke. Someome needs to get pissed off.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.