Everything posted by Joel
-
Question about Stewart
You are probaly right about them wanting Stewart over Glover but remember they have a lot of talent at the Catcher postion and like us have a guy who is out of options who they would probaly lose on waivers. I think they would be willing to take a guy like Glover just so they don't lose Castro for nothing.(which would happen if they tried to send him down to AAA). Thats why I think we could get him for Glover and Paul. No way the do that trade... cause then they would lose paul on waivers... ITs pointless for them... they wouldnt ask for glover who has had a rather poor spring. They would want guys like ginter, Stewart, Sanders... Stewart is a great security blanket incase someone gets hurt.... Like I siad I think you are right about what pitchers they would want. But look at this way if you were the Marlins and you had to send down a guy like castro because you needed that postion for another player,(And since he is out of options they would lose him) wouldn't you trade him for some one even if the person you are trading for the player has less talent. Or what I am saying is they may take Glover and Paul for Castro just so they woouldn't lose Castro for nothing.
-
Question about Stewart
You are probaly right about them wanting Stewart over Glover but remember they have a lot of talent at the Catcher postion and like us have a guy who is out of options who they would probaly lose on waivers. I think they would be willing to take a guy like Glover just so they don't lose Castro for nothing.(which would happen if they tried to send him down to AAA). Thats why I think we could get him for Glover and Paul.
-
Question about Stewart
What do you think of maybe having Stewart become the long reliever. As we know he has been doing a very good job this spring while Glover has struggled. I say keep Stewart with the big team and maybe trade Glover for some catching help possibly, a team like the Marlins who have 3 Major league quality catchers. Those being Irod, Redman, and Castro. I think we could trade Paul and Glover for Castro. This would give us 3 lefties in our bullpen(Marte, Wunsch, and Stewart) and allow us to send Oliva down to AAA to get more seasoning. So what do you think.
-
A's wont try to resign Tejada
Prospects I'd consider trading both Konerko and Lee to Baltimore....but they really don't have many prospects at all. Gibbons is a good player and is cheap....but the don't have much else. Cordova isn't that great and he costs quite a bit....their starting staff is crap....though their bullpen is nice. If we could somehow get Jorge Julio, Gibbons, Geronimo Gil, and 1 good prospect for Konerko and Lee....I'd be all for it. We get a stud reliever, a helluva hitter, a great backup catcher, and a good prospect for Konerko and Lee....if we did this, we wouldn't have to resign Daubach....because he and Gibbons are very much a like.....though having Gibbons for depth would be nice. It is unnecessary though. A lineup of Jimenez, Tejada, Thomas, Borchard, Ordonez, Gibbons, Crede, Rowand, Olivo.....that's still a helluva lineup, and it costs under $40 mill....that is quite possibly the best lineup $40 mill can buy in today's game. I would rather have Rodrigo Lopez than Jorge Julio. Just because we already have a lot bullpen of talent in both the minors and Majors. And adding Lopez to a rotation with Mark, (Potentialy)Colon, Jon, and Dan would give us the best rotation in baseball. Just think of having 3 guys who would be the #1 starter(Mark, Colon, and Lopez) for most teams and another 2 who have the talent to be top #2s(Garland and Wright) in the league.