Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chw42

Members

Everything posted by chw42

  1. Dylan with a real lively fastball tonight. It's been good when it's been in the zone.
  2. What bothered me about that PA is that we either tried to get him to swing at an out of the zone fastball or Dylan missed 3 straight times with a fastball he was trying to paint.
  3. Got away with a high slider to Perez.
  4. Lost Santana after having him 1-2. That happens way too much against Santana.
  5. Sox are only 7-6 against the Royals this year and 3-5 after starting 4-1 against them. Let's win this series and start looking better on offense.
  6. Not too terrible.
  7. I think this is the first off-season where almost everything went according to plan by this FO. How many times have we gone into the off-season with some FA/trade rumors that never materialize? How many times were we the 2nd or 3rd team for a big free agent? When I saw the Lonzo + DeMar rumors, I didn't actually think they'd pull it off. Yet here we are.
  8. I think it's 2, he might have messed that part up.
  9. Yup. This either works out and we somehow get lucky like the Hawks and Heat did the past 2 years or this hodge podge of good but not great players doesn't work out together and we gotta absolutely blow it up in 2 years. I will say that DeRozan is probably the best FA we've lured to Chicago in a LONG time. The fact that we got Lonzo and DeRozan, 2 of the bigger names in FA, is something that never would have happened under GarPax. We definitely overpaid to do it, but that's what happens when you aren't a big FA destination.
  10. Fully guaranteed $85 million.
  11. It's at least gotta be lottery protected, right?
  12. They can probably throw in that $8 million TPE they got from Theis too.
  13. Theis signed for $1 million less with Houston. Honestly, I'd rather have Theis than Caruso, but we'll see what other moves they make.
  14. Guessing he's the plan B to Rose, who signed like minutes before this for $6 million more.
  15. We signed Caruso? What the hell?
  16. We finally got Lonzo. We've been after him for years.
  17. Pretty good value for the Shrek memes tbh
  18. Honestly, I'm not sure how well DeRozan fits into all of this. It just feels like we're accumulating big name guys to sell tickets. I'm all for Lonzo cause he fills a need, but aren't DeRozan and LaVine a bit redundant role-wise?
  19. I do too, cause the Bulls aren't good haha. Always more fun to dream about what could be than watch an underperforming product on the court.
  20. I keep seeing that they will trade Thad.
  21. It's odd that the Rays, a team who finds relievers out of nowhere, were willing to give up maybe 2 years of a cy young caliber starter for Kimbrel and Bryant. At the time, we didn't know Glasnow was definitely headed to TJS, so maybe it's more like 1.5 years of Glasnow with innings limits, but that's a much bigger name than Madrigal and Heuer. I know the Dodgers were also involved and I wondered what they had to offer after they traded their top 2 prospects to the Nats.
  22. I'd rather have Moncada back in the 2 hole. He hasn't been producing in the 5 hole. Hernandez has more power right now so it might be smart to hit him 5th.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.