Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS game 4, 7pm White Sox vs Cleveland

Featured Replies

I was trying to decide the magic person to start the game 4 thread, and couldn't help but remembering the best Game Thread starter in Soxtalk history @Heads22 . Obviously he would be the man to step in here and bring us home, so I will do the next best thing and start this thread is his honor. Wherever you are buddy, this one is for you!

  • Replies 138
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rd

  • Colome's Hat
    Colome's Hat

    I have a date scheduled for tomorrow. It's going to be fine

  • Also, I can’t say this enough, but this season completely rejuvenated the fan base out by me in the Naperville region. Kids are having Sox viewing parties and the stores are packed with Sox merchandi

Posted Images

Now we need a pitcher, Fedde?

We know what not to do. In this thread. Don’t eat a ketchup popsicle in a white suit.

Yes sir, agreed. Heads would have brought us home, so we gotta let him take us there in spirit.

I guess this pitching format helped our constant bullpen approach.
But it also helped Cleveland: they can throw their top 2 in games 1, 2, 4 and 5, all with 4 days rest.

1 minute ago, Bonemer, I Hardly Know Her said:

Screw you, @ron883 !

4-1 playoff record. GOATed!

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

4-1 playoff record. GOATed!

You’re pulling a LeBron on us now! Ugh

Fedde

Hicks

Taylor

This was supposed to be Luis Castillo's start two months ago.

Meanwhile, Adell and Griffin both made key contributions.

The White Sox might still get past CLE, but a team with 1 1/2 starters just doesn't stack up against the remaining playoff teams.

Maybe SD...but they at least have Pivetta and Buehler/Ray.

NYY Rays Dodgers Braves Brewers...no way Jose.

Not Venable's fault.

A lot of this was smoke and mirrors with a flawed roster...to win four consecutive road playoff games when they’d only won five TOTAL playoff games from 1960-2025 (with the obvious exception of 2005)???

Pretty remarkable to pull even that off, but also quite fortunate it was Houston and CLE.

The limitations of this roster approach were just exposed, though.

That they'd hardly hit any minefields with pen and openers was kind of miraculous in the first place.

Needed to end it today. Couldn't let them feel any kind of hope. Can't help thinking it's going 5 now.

I don't know if Newcomb can go again, but I'd give him the first and then go Hicks for 2 and then Fedde as the bulk with Taylor going 2 or 3 to close it out.

Edited by PaleAleSox

JR is making millions more in revenue with an extra home playoff game...there's that.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

JR is making millions more in revenue with an extra home playoff game...there's that.

It’s not too late for playoff beards. I can’t stress rebellion enough.

3 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don't know if Newcomb can go away, but I'd give him the first and then go Hicks for 2 and then Fedde as the bulk with Taylor going 2 or 3 to close it out.

Seems all their lefty opener candidates could get blown up, starting with Kay or Newcomb.

Likely go with the fresher arm in Kay.

Hicks would have SFG starter flashbacks.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Seems all their lefty opener candidates could get blown up, starting with Kay or Newcomb.

Likely go with the fresher arm in Kay.

Hicks would have SFG starter flashbacks.

He's been fucking nails lately. What are we talking about here?

Would have like Hagan going tomorrow

1 minute ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It’s not too late for playoff beards. I can’t stress rebellion enough.

"A second place season still could be considered a great success"...that will be the go to quote of the off season if they can't hold on now.

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

You’re pulling a LeBron on us now! Ugh

I appreciate the comparison to the GOAT

I think a little adversity will do them well. Call it a rude awakening before the stress of ALCS. Finish it tomorrow!

MLB.com by the way says game #4 starts at 4:10 Chicago time Thursday.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

MLB.com by the way says game #4 starts at 4:10 Chicago time Thursday.

Might be changed if the Rays finish off the Yankees.

I think the Sox lineup looks better against LHP right now.

5 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

He's been fucking nails lately. What are we talking about here?

Yes out of the pen.

But look at his results with SFG starting games.

It will have to be one of three lefties.

Venable won't change it up now to go with Fedde or Hicks.

Schultz or Hudson less than 5%.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

"A second place season still could be considered a great success"...that will be the go to quote of the off season if they can't hold on now.

I know you're referring to JR's infamous quote but in my opinion, even if they urinate this away, the season has to be considered a success.

First winning season since 2021 and only the sixth in the last 20 years.

Making the playoffs when they had only a 1% chance.

Winning an opening round series.

And not getting swept in the next series.

Will I be pissed if they can't advance?

Sure!

But all things considered this has been a remarkable season.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.