Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
How is his defense?
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
I wonder if the big name guys will have to take lesser long-term deals than usual but with opt-outs after year 1. I really have no idea what kind of contract someone like Springer would get normally, but it should be less than usual I’d imagine.
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
But what about RF? Would the Sox actually pursue a guy like Springer?
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
No way they stick with Mazara even if they decide to go cheap. And honestly, what’s the point? He only has one year of team control left. If he does well, he’ll be expensive to retain, if he doesn’t that’s a third straight year of shit production out of RF. If I’m gambling on a bounce-back candidate it’s Joc because he has actually been elite against RHP in the past.
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
What you guys thinking here. I’ve been pushing the Joc angle for a while now, but found this tweet from Stone to be amusing. Is Springer an actual possibility? Steve normally shoots anything too crazy down right away. ?
-
Sports Media Discussion
That article is completely embarrassing.
-
Tony La Russa
Lol...keep dreaming Ricky.
-
Tony La Russa
Lol...come on Ray Ray, saying Renteria was a net gain or loss of zero wins is absolutely ridiculous and makes me think you don’t watch our actual games. Yes, the team performed well this year because Abreu got in better shape and had a MVP season, our collection of former top 100 prospects (and many top 10 guys) continued to blossom, and several relievers performed well above expectations. Projection models didn’t project our team to perform this well because projection models don’t handle the development curves of young players with much accuracy, they don’t forecast a player to find the fountain of youth, they don’t expect pitchers to change their pitch usage and to suddenly become a bullpen weapon. Rick deserves some credit here, but ultimately most of our “overpeformance” is due to the players or the inherent flaws of projection systems. Ricky was absolutely horrific with the in-game stuff and he definitely cost us games. All you have to do is measure our win expectancy during that CLE series before and after some of his bullpen decisions to prove that. I think the difference between a great manager and a good manager is probably pretty small in terms of wins, but the difference between a good manager and a bad one can be significant. The Sox didn’t fire Ricky and pay him a salary to not manage our team because managers are more or less meaningless like you’re claiming. Clearly they felt an upgrade was needed and that any cost was a small price to pay to improve our chances of winning next year.
-
Tony La Russa
I’m not sure what you’re arguing here, but if you watched the Cleveland series you’d know how much a bad manager can cost you.
-
Tony La Russa
I was just reading through their greatest and wow were they bad. I’d rather have Hawk in charge of our baseball operations again than La Russia.
-
Tony La Russa
Why in the world do you think La Russa is capable of running a front office?
-
Offseason Targets
Career WAR isn’t the only thing free agents are evaluated on. The fact that Stroman has a lower ceiling and is coming off a missed season will suppress his value and that’s before COVID.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I’ll be honest, I would not trust old man Stone with any of my secrets. Dude can’t help himself when it comes to Twitter.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
You gotta call a spade a spade! It’s looking I’m going to totally wrong on that one.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Hinch is getting a manager role whether with us or another club. He won’t be La Russa’s understudy.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Hinch
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I’m really not trying to be a dick, but this a total meatball take. Who the fuck cares what kind of player Getz was at the major league level? And now you want AJ as 3rd base coach under LaRussa. That sound like an absolutely horrible coaching staff and what would AJ provide in that role? And somehow Omar Vizquel was able to take instruction from Christ Getz without being insulted.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
100% agree. This is misdirection, a way to show the Sox are serious about adding a big name, and/or a favor for Tony. Honestly, it’s probably a mix of all three.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
I love AJ, but him as a coach in any capacity is a horrible idea. He should replace Stone as color commentator when he eventually retires.
-
AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?
This is my biggest concern. It’s one thing to cheat and get caught, it’s another thing to blame the bench coach as the ring leader if that’s what actually happened. His “I tried to stop it but couldn’t” is at least part bullshit or Cora was the defacto manager. If Hahn is serious about him as a candidate, he needs to question him hard ok this subject because his story is sketchy as fuck.
-
Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
I think the last few weeks reinforced the problem, but I think Ricky would have been on this ice regardless as the Sox want a manager who will partner with the front office on decision-making.
-
AJ Hinch: does it matter to you that he cheated?
Where do you come up with this stuff? Like I’m seriously starting to think you might be Rick Renteria as you are the only person distraught over this move.
-
Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
I totally agree. Hinch is the type of manager they are looking for.
-
Sox Press Conference - 11am 10/12 - RR out as Sox manager
I’m sure this is 100% true. We saw way too many decisions this year that were clearly based on gut and completely back-fired. And if we saw it, you know Hahn & KW saw it as well.
-
Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)
Maybe not the words themselves, but I bet this girl gets a few death threats from some psychotic Dodgers fans.