Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. How much of our revenue comes from fan attendance? And unlike other teams, we don’t have to finance any stadium costs when it’s not being used. That’s a huge benefit for us vs. a lot of clubs.
  2. I think Kopech only goes if it’s a deal for someone like DeGromm. But given the size of his contract, I’d rather just sign Baeur and keep Kopech for the back of the rotation.
  3. Remember taking on Rios’ contract and to a lesser extent Peavy’s?
  4. I could definitely see us taking on contracts from teams looking to offload salary.
  5. Quintana is getting a $10M+ per year deal, so I don’t think it’s realistic to expect him in addition to a high-end starter.
  6. Agree. And there should be ways to add a RF on the cheap that can platoon with Engel and give you league average production. Adding the best starter possible needs to be the priority when it comes to our resources.
  7. Fully agree with this. I just don’t believe Quintana is plan A unless they plan to pursue a big-time RF like Springer and I don’t see that happening.
  8. Oh god, I didn’t even think of the Kopech like implications of an injury.
  9. Fangraphs is routinely outdated with their prospect rankings and it appears that Colas has gotten back into elite athletic shape.
  10. Not really, but dude is 84 years old and the clock is ticking for him. Not to be grim, but if he really wants to see another World Series he needs to convince his ownership group to spend fairly big this coming offseason.
  11. Yup, Kopech, Cease, & Dunning need to battle for those final two spots. No way we enter a season with championship ambitions with any of them as our #3 starter. And as good as Dallas was this year, we should try to bump him down a spot as he’s likely to regress next year.
  12. And would prove Reinsdorf isn’t serious about winning a championship.
  13. I agree. Give him a 2/$80M deal and let’s win the fucking World Series next year.
  14. I really haven’t seen him this year, but looks off with him physically this year?
  15. I’m not sure why Joc gets so much hate around here, but how would these numbers not be sick for a year while we are hopefully waiting on Colas to be ready? Joc vs. RHP (2018-19): 850 PA, 60 HR, .908 OPS, 138 wRC+ Engel vs.LHP (2019-20): 124 PA, 3 HR, .820 OPS. 122 wRC+
  16. Recovering from what? Did he get a more severe injury today that’s going to require months of recovery?
  17. Would you be upset with Joc if it allows them to add Bauer?
  18. Who is the DH when they manipulate Vaughn’s service time then?
  19. A Pederson / Engel platoon could pretty damn effective in RF. Then take the rest of your money and sign Baeur and the best reliever you can afford.
  20. Quit being a fan or moved to Nashville? But keep hating bro.
  21. Why do you seem happy we lost? I swear some of you guys are Sox fans just enjoy being bitter.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.