Hawk will keep working as long as he can

caulfield12

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Damn, that sucks. I hope he gets better, but it's unlikely.

Say what you want about him, but it's pretty admirable that he continues to do the job he loves even with his health declining.

A heart arrhythmia is not a terminal illness. People can have these things and then never have another occurrence again.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 12:47 PM)
Hawk has to drive for about two hours to and from home games, which is why he decided to only do away games. However, getting to and from airports, staying at hotels and being away from home for several weeks during the season is also not that easy for him.

It's too bad he can't rent or buy a condo in Chicago to stay at during the season or at least during home stands. I never understood why he chose to do that drive every day in past years. So now he only does away games but why is staying in a downtown Chicago Condo during a home stand any different than staying at a hotel in another city (unless he wouldn't get lodging/meals in Chicago paid for as a travel expense)?

Edited to add - I'd rather see Hawk do our home games and someone else (please no more Benetti) do the play-by-play for away games.

Hawk makes that commute not because Indiana is just a super awesome place, but because he treasures being able to go home and see his children and grandchildren is so important that he just couldn't bear to set up shop in Chicago full time for the entire season.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 12:58 AM)
Wimpy and Stone.

this…

the mute button does not get any action when these two are broadcasting….

God bless Hawk.. someone ought let him know that comments like "Kenny Williams is a master of putting together bullpens"…

Is not necessary…..that being said, I have a soft spot in my heart for old dudes that want to go out doing what they love to do...

Edited by captain54

It was pure pleasure listening to Wimpy again. The guy with his feel good vibes and good natured demeanor is a huge plus for a team that will not be elite for awhile. I think they need to work out a way to bring him in full time again. He makes games for a losing team fun again. Free the Wimperoo!