"Hahn Denies Rift w/ Front Office

ScootsMcGoots

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
Good interview IMO by Hahn. "I wouldn't have taken the general manager position if I didn't think it would be recipe for success...none of us have to be here. We all are here to help bring another championship to Chicago."

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-so...olds-plans-2017

Sounds like at least a moderate rebuild to me. I don't think they trade Sale and Quintana but I bet one of them goes along with Melky, DRob, etc.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 08:30 AM)
Sounds like at least a moderate rebuild to me. I don't think they trade Sale and Quintana but I bet one of them goes along with Melky, DRob, etc.

It's kind of weird. To know with the first or second move seems like he would have to have something almost in place. How can he anticipate the price tag will be met with anyone. He could sign some free agent which would indicate going for it again.

There seems to be too much of it's possible we step back, and questioning their current strategy, for their not to be some sort of pullback. Maybe they trade some guys, get some minor and major league players back, and sort of do both. With trading Sale or Q, you probably could do that with the return they would bring.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 09:03 AM)
It's kind of weird. To know with the first or second move seems like he would have to have something almost in place. How can he anticipate the price tag will be met with anyone. He could sign some free agent which would indicate going for it again.

There seems to be too much of it's possible we step back, and questioning their current strategy, for their not to be some sort of pullback. Maybe they trade some guys, get some minor and major league players back, and sort of do both. With trading Sale or Q, you probably could do that with the return they would bring.

Doing both wouldn't be surprising. For example, trade Sale, Robertson, Melky. Keep Quintana and re-sign Frazier. People wouldn't necessarily be happy but I could see them doing something like that.

QUOTE (Scoots @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 07:17 AM)
Good interview IMO by Hahn. "I wouldn't have taken the general manager position if I didn't think it would be recipe for success...none of us have to be here. We all are here to help bring another championship to Chicago."

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-white-so...olds-plans-2017

How different is this from what Hahn was saying this time last year, this time two years ago, and all the way back to when he was named GM. That's the problem - he and the other two running the show have all of the feel good sound bites down to a tee. Talking the talk they can do. It's the actions to back up these words that they, for whatever reason, have been pretty bad at each and every year.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Aug 26, 2016 -> 10:09 AM)
What else is Hahn going to say here?? We will see how the off season goes to see who is really running things.. If it's another half ass reload we know it's not Hahn.

Comments from KW earlier in the week indicated that the problems in 2016 were 'spearheaded" by bullpen injuries….

I take that to mean they are of the opinion that the catalyst for the horrific tumble after the 23-10 was the two guys in the pen that went down…

That certainly addresses the issue of how the Sox got to lead the league in Blown Saves, and possibly how a closer ends up being one of the league leader in blown saves, but those stretches of non-existent offense, account equally for why the team is in the state it's in….IMHO

Edited by captain54

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Comments from KW earlier in the week indicated that the problems in 2016 were 'spearheaded" by bullpen injuries….

I take that to mean they are of the opinion that the catalyst for the horrific tumble after the 23-10 was the two guys in the pen that went down…

That certainly addresses the issue of how the Sox got to lead the league in Blown Saves, and possibly how a closer ends up being one of the league leader in blown saves, but those stretches of non-existent offense, account equally for why the team is in the state it's in….IMHO

My guess is they're going for it in 2017. Guess I can't really blame them for that, since they could likely trade their assets for equal returns at the 2017 deadline / 2017-2018 offseason. It's just awful we're in August wishing it was December or April already.

Horrid time to be a sox fan.

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)

Well going into tonight the Sox have scored three runs or less in 46% of their games this season.

Mark

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 02:50 PM)
My guess is they're going for it in 2017. Guess I can't really blame them for that, since they could likely trade their assets for equal returns at the 2017 deadline / 2017-2018 offseason. It's just awful we're in August wishing it was December or April already.

Horrid time to be a sox fan.

You just hope none of those "assets" get hurt during the first part of next season before they have a chance to trade them...or their value goes up in smoke.

Mark

QUOTE (captain54 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)

The idea that losing Putnam and Petricka are the difference between contending and losing is just more denial out of the front office....refusal to take responsibility and admit their factual failure.

I have been concerned for a while that they would look for excuses and that injuries would be one of them (Ventura the other) instead of recognizing that their personnel moves and decisions have been poor and changing tactics.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Aug 27, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
You just hope none of those "assets" get hurt during the first part of next season before they have a chance to trade them...or their value goes up in smoke.

Mark

True that.