9/3 Gamethread

Quin

Four hits, lol. What a pathetic lineup too BTW.

Also, Shields, lol. Acquiring him should get Hahn fired. Disgraceful acquisition. Abreu had a s*** game. Ditto Avi. What an embarrassment. I guess letting Robin finish the year will guarantee a better draft pick. If Renteria is taking over, let him take over now to assess the talent. I still wouldn't discount a Buddy Bell return to the dugout.

Pathetic effort vs. the Central, again tonight!

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2016 -> 12:03 AM)
Shields is a total joke. Hahn absolutely should be fired for the acquisition. Might as well bench him and give Fulmer some starts. At this point, just have to pray Shields retires.

Amen. It's just totally a fireable offense.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2016 -> 11:20 PM)
Amen. It's just totally a fireable offense.

I never understood why the Sox signed Shields after he already failed miserably in San Diego and infuriated their Owner. Extremely poor talent evaluation and a stunning lack of due diligence by those who recommended this signing to Jerry Reinsdorf. Shi=ields was acting the same way after suffering losses when he was with the Padres and eventually they had enough. Jerry Reinsdorf was made into patsy by Hahn and possibily Ken Williams.

The Sox only realistic option with Shields at this point is to DFA him. H has nothing left in his arm and his attitude is terrible. He just wants to retire and take home the money, just like Danks did.

I hope there isn't some vein attempt at face saving where they keep running him out there hoping against hope he will regain velocity and bite on his off speed pitches.

I have a similar sentiment about Avi Garcia. How many time does he need to strike out before the Sox understand that he is never going to be the high OBP contact hitter that they are supposedly looking for.

If Shields doesn't retire I say let him run up the highest full season ERA for a starter in MLB history. Let him blow up spectacularly.

The current record is a 7.71 ERA in 167.0 IP set in 1930. If he can achieve over a 6.66 ERA he'd be in the top 5 worst all time for a starter. Given his stats with the White Sox this year he could very well challenge that record.

Edited by soxforlife05