Sept 11th Game Thread: ChiSox vs. KC Specials

InTheDriversSeat

On this Day Of Remembrance, Sox need to STEP UP and get Chris run support!

Chris Sale (15-7, 3.07, 193 K's) vs. Ian Kennedy (10-9, 3.76, 160 K's)

September 11, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Kansas City Royals Specials

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti (television), Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson (radio), Hector Molina and Billy Russo (Spanish radio)

Ford Chicago White Sox Warm-Up: 12:30 Central / 1:30 PM Eastern *

Game telecast time: 1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern *

9 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (Independent)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Marion, IN WNDY-TV, Channel 23-3 (The CW) (WISH-TV simulcast) *

Indianapolis WISH-TV, Channel 8 (The CW) *

Springfield, IL / Decatur / Champaign WBUI Decatur, Channel 23 (The CW) -final broadcast of 2016 season at this market

Peoria / Bloomington, IL WAOE Peoria, Channel 59 (my network TV)

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Radio:

Chicago AM 890 WLS / FM 94.7 WLS-FM-HD2 (using HD capable radios)

And the 'WLS White Sox Radio Network' http://mlb.mlb.com/cws/schedule/radio_affiliates.jsp

Spanish: Chicago AM 1200 WRTO / FM 105.1 WOJO-HD3 Evanston (using HD capable radios) / Channel 9 WGN-TV ‘Second Audio Program’ (by pressing ‘SAP’ button)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
Anderson looks gassed. I know he's gotten his hits of late, but most of them have been dribblers. Lots of strike outs and weak ground outs.

Shocked he's playing after jamming his wrist last night. He's a gamer, but it's idiotic of Robin to not give him a day off.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 01:33 PM)
Shocked he's playing after jamming his wrist last night. He's a gamer, but it's idiotic of Robin to not give him a day off.

Yrp. I am sure the medical staff didn't clear him, but to in doesn't care.

Why is every player supposed to be treated like a p****?

Treat hm like thy are made of glass, an they will be. Guys have o be able to play tired and in pain.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 07:40 PM)
Yrp. I am sure the medical staff didn't clear him, but to in doesn't care.

Why is every player supposed to be treated like a p****?

Treat hm like thy are made of glass, an they will be. Guys have o be able to play tired and in pain.

True, but our team has been out of the race for so long it's normal to suggest giving him a day off when he has a problem the night before and looks gassed.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 06:46 PM)
True, but our team has been out of the race for so long it's normal to suggest giving him a day off when he has a problem the night before and looks gassed.

He had two games off recently when he got hit by the batted ball

Edited by elrockinMT

Sale obviously has the most value to a small market team looking to make a splash. But it doesn't look like there are any out there that are on the verge of contention where a Sale trade could lock them into the playoff conversation.

I think it's going to come down to the Yankees or Red Sox if he is moved this offseason.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 11, 2016 -> 10:14 PM)
Came down to the same players as last night. Two in and one out an Davis gets Abreu and Morneau again. TRADE EVERYBODY

It's not often El Rockin loses his cool regarding our Sox. Hope we negative people haven't corrupted you, El Rockin. Your positivity inspires me.

Anyhow, I do think we should trade a lot of people, but I actually wouldn't mind keeping Morneau. He's been OK IMO. Not great, but OK.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 12, 2016 -> 03:26 AM)
It's not often El Rockin loses his cool regarding our Sox. Hope we negative people haven't corrupted you, El Rockin. Your positivity inspires me.

Anyhow, I do think we should trade a lot of people, but I actually wouldn't mind keeping Morneau. He's been OK IMO. Not great, but OK.

I agree with you gregg. I like Morneau but if he wants to play 1B next year that may be a problem with the Sox. But, if they can convince Abreu to share he might stay