What if the Sox go 20-10 in April and amaze us?

tray

QUOTE (WBWSF @ Dec 18, 2016 -> 06:54 AM)
As of now this team is much worse than the 2016 White Sox. They've lost Sale and Eaton. They have not added a catcher, DH or another outfielder. It would be a miracle if this team became a contender. I don't believe in miracles.

Well they weren't going to "contend" anyway in 2017 with or without Eaton and Sale...still far to many gaping holes that weren't going to be solved by a weak free agent class. They needed to make a major change in philosophy and structure. At least they changed the philosophy. All we can do is hope it plays out well and they are ready to contend around 2020.

Mark

Until the Sox get rid of Frazier, Lawrie, Melky, Robertson, Nate, Abreu and also trade Q, there's no evidence of a complete rebuild. Why would you have any of those guys here if you are in a true rebuild?

Let's see what the Sox get for those guys. As of right now, this is just a bad team, not a rebuilding team.

Edited by greg775

Until the Sox get rid of Frazier, Lawrie, Melky, Robertson, Nate, Abreu and also trade Q, there's no evidence of a complete rebuild. Why would you have any of those guys here if you are in a true rebuild?

Let's see what the Sox get for those guys. As of right now, this is just a bad team, not a rebuilding team.

This is true. And if I don't see Robertson and Frazier go by New Years, I am going to start to worry.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 18, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)

Good grief Greg. Your posts keep getting worse and worse. Read some of the discussions and the news in the baseball world and maybe you would understand. Rebuilds take time and so does trading veteran players.

So Greg, in your intimate baseball wisdom, tell us at this point in time what teams would be interested in the players you've listed and what the return would be.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 18, 2016 -> 11:28 PM)
Good grief Greg. Your posts keep getting worse and worse. Read some of the discussions and the news in the baseball world and maybe you would understand. Rebuilds take time and so does trading veteran players.

So Greg, in your intimate baseball wisdom, tell us at this point in time what teams would be interested in the players you've listed and what the return would be.

I'm just saying as of right now you could make a case the team wants to contend next season. We have Holland and the two new pitchers who are MLB ready plus the new second baseman who is considered a potential star. Now until we trade the guys I mentioned we're a normal team, not a rebuilding team.

I mean we still have a ton of veterans on the team. Now if we dump those guys I mentioned, fine, it's a 50-win season and total rebuild.

I have no idea who we'll trade those guys to. I would think Frazier would be wanted by many NL teams. Hard to dump Melky. Abreu should bring a lot. Nate won't bring anything. Q will bring a good haul. Robertson should bring 3 decent prospects.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 12:29 AM)
I'm just saying as of right now you could make a case the team wants to contend next season. We have Holland and the two new pitchers who are MLB ready plus the new second baseman who is considered a potential star. Now until we trade the guys I mentioned we're a normal team, not a rebuilding team.

I mean we still have a ton of veterans on the team. Now if we dump those guys I mentioned, fine, it's a 50-win season and total rebuild.

I have no idea who we'll trade those guys to. I would think Frazier would be wanted by many NL teams. Hard to dump Melky. Abreu should bring a lot. Nate won't bring anything. Q will bring a good haul. Robertson should bring 3 decent prospects.

It's obvious you have not followed the Sox off season, know anything about the players the Sox have acquired or paid attention to any of Hahn's comments so far. You have alot of catching up to do Greg.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
It's obvious you have not followed the Sox off season, know anything about the players the Sox have acquired or paid attention to any of Hahn's comments so far. You have alot of catching up to do Greg.

I saw Hahn's comments. I'm just saying the two Nats pitchers still could be with the team opening day if we want to contend. With Holland that would be Q, Rodon, Holland, two Nats and Shields for bullpen. Not a bad staff. Even if you just want to rush one of the Nats starters it's 'possibly' a playoff staff.

Then if we keep all the vets. Frazier at third, Anderson at ss, new superstar at second and Abreu at first. That's a playoff infield.

I'll give you props, the rest of the team would be miserable still: Melky, gulp in left; Avi in right, I don't even know who the other outfielder is right now. Albeit that's a miserable outfield. Davidson DH. Narvaez catcher.

p.s. Once we dump Melky and Avi ... do we even have bodies to play the outfield? Coats, Liriano, Tilson? To go with our lousy catcher situation and lousy DH situation? We might not win 40 games. Why? Bullpen would be amongst the worst in baseball after dropping robertson and Nate and outfield among the worst in baseball history. However if u keep everybody on the current roster now and add a free agent outfielder, we could make playoffs if Davidson is a great DH.

Edited by greg775

I saw Hahn's comments. I'm just saying the two Nats pitchers still could be with the team opening day if we want to contend. With Holland that would be Q, Rodon, Holland, two Nats and Shields for bullpen. Not a bad staff. Even if you just want to rush one of the Nats starters it's 'possibly' a playoff staff.

Then if we keep all the vets. Frazier at third, Anderson at ss, new superstar at second and Abreu at first. That's a playoff infield.

I'll give you props, the rest of the team would be miserable still: Melky, gulp in left; Avi in right, I don't even know who the other outfielder is right now. Albeit that's a miserable outfield. Davidson DH. Narvaez catcher.

p.s. Once we dump Melky and Avi ... do we even have bodies to play the outfield? Coats, Liriano, Tilson? To go with our lousy catcher situation and lousy DH situation? We might not win 40 games. Why? Bullpen would be amongst the worst in baseball after dropping robertson and Nate and outfield among the worst in baseball history. However if u keep everybody on the current roster now and add a free agent outfielder, we could make playoffs if Davidson is a great DH.

Lol we aren't "dumping" Avi or Melky

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 19, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)

It would be unforgivable to waste a season of service time for moncada, giolito and lopez by having them make the roster out of spring training.