Walking Out of Graduations Like Notre Dame's

greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 22, 2017 -> 04:37 PM)
I will fully admit to having no moral opposition to a literal Nazi being punched in the face. Beyond that, and more to the point, "on a regular basis?" Definitely going to need you to provide links to back up that claim.

So it is fair to not take your opinion seriously because you advocate for violence on a regular basis.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 22, 2017 -> 04:38 PM)
So it is fair to not take your opinion seriously because you advocate for violence on a regular basis.

Support your claims, please. Show where I advocate for violence on a regular basis.

e: also, answer the question. Is there any line where you think dialogue is no longer appropriate or productive?

Edited by StrangeSox

What should the official protestors' stance be towards the KKK and Nazism?

Peaceful accommodation? Ignore them? Why can't we all just get along shrugs? Join their groups as informants/infiltrators? Fight the Aryan Brotherhood networks from inside a prison?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 22, 2017 -> 04:48 PM)
OMG, what a great post! Rabbit is the voice of reason here IMO! It's so gratifying to see some people who agree with me!

You are literally Donald Trump, aren't you?

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 23, 2017 -> 05:06 AM)
You are literally Donald Trump, aren't you?

I really feel honored that some of the most brilliant people on this board understood my position and supported my stance even if they don't like me or in fact dislike me.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2017 -> 02:58 PM)
Any Notre Dame grads? I wondered what you thought of 100 students getting up and leaving the graduation ceremony to both boos and cheers when Pence was introduced as speaker.

Do you think it's proper to cause a disruption on such a big day for many? My guess is the over-riding memory of graduation for those folks who graduated today (I applaud you all, Golden Domers! ND is a difficult school; Happy Graduation to You!) will be the protest rather than the happy occasion.

Yes it is our right that we embrace to be allowed to protest. But is it proper? Those who protested could have simply not attended their own graduation and let the others have their day.

I don't have too much of a stance except to say I think protesting outside of the stadium would have been better. Or protesting right after the Pence invitation to speak was announced to try to get it stopped. I'm not crazy about the protestors stealing the show and ruining the day for others proudly wearing the cap and gown.

Basically the best time to exercise your rights to assemble and speech is when you have the biggest crowd. Which will have the greatest impact. Of course a quiet protest in the privacy of your own home would be nice for those that disagree with the protest.