207!!!!

DonkeyKongerko

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

May I remind you that Martinez got one less strikeout in 40 less innings? I just thought that needed to pointed out...

...and as soon as they change the award to "strikeouts per inning pitched", this minor quibble of yours might have some relevance...until then...

ESTEBAN LOAIZA, 2003 AL STRIKEOUT KING.

Loaiza did OK but Pedros Ks were much more impressive. Imagine if Pedro pitched 226 innings instead of 186. It wouldnt even be close.

I refuse to give props to a choking fluke... :angry:

If he was a "fluke," then why is it that only roughly FIVE of his starts all season long weren't "quality starts?" ELo's kept us in games, giving us a chance to win. He's been nothing short of stunning for us, and it would be a travesty if he weren't given the Cy Young award!

You're acting like a pitcher must be on his game every god damn start! Well, let me tell you something, Sherlock!!! Everyone has bad days at work of which they are just "out of it!" Even CEO's of companies do! ELo didn't have many of such "bad days" at work, so he DESERVES props! Dog Wright before you dog Loaiza!

Eight, I believe, of Loaizas starts were not quality. And Loaiza choked, thats why Im dogging him. Wright didnt choke. Hes not a very good pitcher, but he didnt kill us when it counted so he is spared...

While Loaiza was there for us all season long, Wright didn't even help us out from Day One! If it weren't for the paucity existing at the #5 in the rotation, we might have actually not been in a "neck and neck" race with the Twins. Blame it on our #5 spot before blaming it on Loaiza!!!

While Loaiza was there for us all season long, Wright didn't even help us out from Day One!  If it weren't for the paucity existing at the #5 in the rotation, we might have actually not been in a "neck and neck" race with the Twins.  Blame it on our #5 spot before blaming it on Loaiza!!!

No Heather, because blaming the #5 spot in our rotation would be sensical. And if it makes sense, Roman isn't gonna be posting about it.