Majority Whip Steve Scalise Shot at Charity Baseball Practice

caulfield12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 07:49 AM)
I don't think the majority whip is in the line of succession.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Stat...e_of_succession

Yeah, you're right...someone reported he had his own protection duty...private contractors? Guess we will find out soon enough.

#3/5 are scary.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:48 AM)
There is no justification for this. They are using political means and it should be met with political means. Violence has no place there.

I am by no means condoning this action. I am just not surprised by someone doing something desperate in a desperate situation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:52 AM)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Stat...e_of_succession

Yeah, you're right...someone reported he had his own protection duty...private contractors? Guess we will find out soon enough.

#3/5 are scary.

I would be v surprised if congress did not have allocated protection for themselves. But i suppose I have never heard anything concrete there.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 09:01 AM)
I would be v surprised if congress did not have allocated protection for themselves. But i suppose I have never heard anything concrete there.

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

5m

Replying to @JakeSherman

Per several sources at the game the only cops present were Scalise's detail. he he has security bc he’s no. 3 House R.

Jake Sherman @JakeSherman

5m

Replying to @JakeSherman

what many don’t understand is the vast majority of members of the House and Senate walk around with no security. just the leadership.

The Washington Capitol police were the first responders on the scene...apparently they are charged with protecting members of Congress.

Aide to Rep Williams from Texas shot. Scalise. 1-2 Capitol officers. Possibly another aide.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 07:48 AM)
There is no justification for this. They are using political means and it should be met with political means. Violence has no place there.

Agreed. Both sides of the aisle should strongly condemn events like these.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 07:36 AM)
I'm going to speculate this can be traced back to the health care debate....

QUOTE (KagakuOtoko @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:33 AM)
I expect more of this as Trump and his Republican ilk continue to try to cater this country to a select few people.

These posts make me ill. Can we maybe, for a day, blame the lunatic who did the shooting? And not create a link that can never be proven just to score political points?

Come on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 09:31 AM)
These posts make me ill. Can we maybe, for a day, blame the lunatic who did the shooting? And not create a link that can never be proven just to score political points?

Come on.

My intention wasn't to condone the actions. I was simply trying to state that desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

I would never resort to violence with someone who I disagreed with vehemently. What this guy did was wrong and he'll face the consequences for his actions.

Glenn Thrush @GlennThrush

9m

FBI agent:

"No, it's not an assassination attempt"

Dismisses account that shooter asked for party IDs "not aware of that at all"

The shooter at the GOP congressional baseball practice this morning is James T. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., according to law enforcement officials. Hodgkinson, 66, owns a home inspection business. His home inspection license expired in November 2016 and was not renewed, state records show.

Hodgkinson was charged in April 2006 with battery and aiding damage to a motor vehicle, according to online records in St. Clair County, Illinois. The charges were dismissed, records show.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:31 AM)

Come on.

We shall see...since there were at least twenty Reps and Senators there, it's less likely that Scalise was the specific target.

That said, the story has been out there for hours about him specifically targeting them for political reasons (and hopefully that turns out to be true, in the sense it would be terrible if someone, including Congressmen...made that up.)

Scalise has been very high profile in the AHCA bill passage in the House. That's an incontrovertible fact.

And we should hold everyone in Congress to that same standard...about not scoring political points.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
That seems random that someone from Belleville would try and take out a congressman from Louisiana.

Has to just be an angry nut job.

I assume we won't be banning white Christians from Illinois from flying around, eh?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson

Seems quite the Democrat follower and perhaps a BernieBro, at least according to his Facebook page. And now a bunch of people are lambasting him on his own page. Wonder how ling until it is taken down.

Posts like these are also in bad taste right now. I'm just saying.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
https://www.facebook.com/jthodgkinson

Seems quite the Democrat follower and perhaps a BernieBro, at least according to his Facebook page. And now a bunch of people are lambasting him on his own page. Wonder how ling until it is taken down.

And how long until the next Pizza Gate from someone on the conservative side leads to a revenge shooting?

Can't imagine Alex Jones or Breitbart or Drudge right now.

QUOTE (Tony @ Jun 14, 2017 -> 09:02 AM)
Jesus

I'll bet a million dollars that's not from today...it is from the idea that everyone needs to participate and have their voices heard, protest, Kaine is not speaking literally. Probably during the general election campaign or just after Nov. 8.

Edit: It has to be from that weekend when Trump first announced the original immigration ban.. People were literally at every airport in the country protesting that weekend. So far, the people have been proven right on that one.

Or what about Trump saying everyone in the audience should exercise their Second Amendment rights on Hillary last year?

Edited by caulfield12