In The Meantime

Lillian

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:20 PM)
I dunno...his issue seems to be hitting the ball, not how hard he hits it when he does hit it.

It isn't like this new ball is larger or something.

Yeah I feel like the juiced ball is most beneficial to guys with warning track power. Davidson hits no doubters.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
I believe it is all in Davidson's head. He probably thinks he is too good for AAA and got down on himself when he didn't make the team when we traded for him. Then he struggles and presses way too much to try and prove himself and bam he sucks.

The thing about Davidson, and I see why he was a first round pick now, is that for a guy with that much power, he has a really compact swing without much head movement. His main issue is pitch recognition: swinging at too many high fastballs; he's not all like Todd, whose main problem is timing and balance.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:32 PM)
Yeah I feel like the juiced ball is most beneficial to guys with warning track power. Davidson hits no doubters.

but it's not just about home runs. He may be seeing higher average due to the balls in play being that much harder hit.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 11:38 AM)
The thing about Davidson, and I see why he was a first round pick now, is that for a guy with that much power, he has a really compact swing without much head movement. His main issue is pitch recognition: swinging at too many high fastballs; he's not all like Todd, whose main problem is timing and balance.

Hopefully he will adjust to that and some of those K's will regulate back to walks. If he could bump his OBP up we are looking at one of the better third basemen in baseball

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 01:03 PM)
This is how I feel to, and I have thought it would all unravel after his first cold streak but he keeps battling back. THis is one of the things that I want to attribute to RR, I think he gets these players prepared to struggle and ready to battle out of it.

Yup, we're not seeing the extended slumps that frequently plagued the White Sox when Robin was in charge. Rick has done a tremendous job in that department.

I feel its fools gold to actively try to compete or think this rebuild is nearing its end, its much closer to the beginning than the end. Having said that yes the central across the board will be in shambles next year and its entirely possible we could come out as a dark horse. If the sox get off to another hot start and bring up the top prospects while guaranteeing additional service time, its entirely possible.

I would like to see the sox maximize the value of Q, Kahnle, Robertson and Avi while getting lotto tickets similar to Yency Almonte for Frazier, Swarzak Melky, Holland, Pelfrey, Shields & MiGo and I think the FO realizes everyone mentioned above is dead money for all intensive purposes so they should eat as much as it takes to get the best returns possible.

Abreu is an interesting case as I think they would have to receive an offer that they couldn't trun down, they like him as a club house leader and a mentor to the kids.

They should continue to focus on the following: cycling potential talent from the wavier wire like Hansen, getting in the best draft position as possible(yes not every pick will hit, but bonus pool matters), letting the top prospects like Moncada and Lopez force the issue, I'd rather further delay their service time while making sure they've mastered a level while letting the coaching staff see what they have in Leury, Yolmer, Davidson, Saladino, Engel, Tilson(if he is ever healthy) & Hanson as well as the other "fringe" prospects like Delmonico, Danish, etc and lastly continue to sign projects in the off season in hopes of flipping them for additional depth and lotto tickets.

Last note, if Davidson could bring his splits a bit more in order against RHP specifically his K% that would be huge.