Covey to be recalled

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 07:09 AM)
He is 25 years old, has a minor league track record of giving up runs and not striking many out. He helped the tank, but is horrible. He won't be on any contending team.

Covey could provide help next year towards another high deaf pick in '19.

Just kidding. I'm not interested in a Pirate style rebuild that takes a few decades.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 09:49 AM)
Covey could provide help next year towards another high deaf pick in '19.

Just kidding. I'm not interested in a Pirate style rebuild that takes a few decades.

If the guy threw 98 or had a nasty breaking ball or great change up, something, I could see the team's attraction. He just seems mediocre across the board. To me, his upside is still a gas can.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2017 -> 08:05 AM)
If the guy threw 98 or had a nasty breaking ball or great change up, something, I could see the team's attraction. He just seems mediocre across the board. To me, his upside is still a gas can.

I thought Covey had some ability to maybe become a quality reliever, but man, I couldn't fathom how it would be possible to give up as many hr's in as few innings as he has. 17hr in 45 innings has to be as ridiculous of a stat as I've ever seen. Over a hr per three innings. If you extropolated that to 200 innings, he'd give up 75.5 HR's. That is absurd.