Zack Collins Working on Swing Mechanics @ Instructs

Sleepy Harold

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 05:53 PM)
Would anyone be willing to share the most recent article on Collins from the Athletic by James Fegan?

Can't share it, but the gist is that they are trying to calm his hands and get him into a more balanced position before he begins to load his swing, so that the natural tilt move he makes is lessened. Said he trusts the Sox player development guys and Gellinger (the guy who is helping him) has a great reputation throughout the organization.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 08:11 PM)
Can't share it, but the gist is that they are trying to calm his hands and get him into a more balanced position before he begins to load his swing, so that the natural tilt move he makes is lessened. Said he trusts the Sox player development guys and Gellinger (the guy who is helping him) has a great reputation throughout the organization.

I've met Gellinger, some dude named Paul Konerko credited him for the basics of his swing even before Walker worked with him. I like.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 07:56 PM)
I've met Gellinger, some dude named Paul Konerko credited him for the basics of his swing even before Walker worked with him. I like.

The article written about Burger in the Athletic says basically they are doing the same thing with him: trying to change his hand position to allow him to get more lift on the ball and take advantage of his natural power.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2017 -> 08:05 PM)
I wouldn't be too worried about pop times. SB are becoming extinct. If he can frame, call a decent game and block pitches, with his walks and power, it will more than make up for a slow time to 2nd.

There were 2527 SBs in the majors this year, which is right around 84 per team. That is down from the peak average of right around 3200-3300 from the 80s and 90s, but I wouldn't say it's becoming extinct.