Large 30 team Fantasy Baseball Dynasty League

Polar Bear

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still a little fuzzy about MAJOR League v MINOR league rosters.

Are we drafting all these players at the same draft?

If the draft is prior to the season, there is no way to tell if some players are MAJOR or MINOR leagues. I assume we'd have to adjust after the fact.

As example, say someone drafts Michael Kopech onto their MINOR league roster and he makes the team. At that point he'd have to be moved to the MAJOR league roster and a player on the MAJOR league roster would have to be cut, put on IR if injured or sent to the MINOR league roster if that player for some reason got demoted.

Am I reading this right?

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 11:21 AM)
Still a little fuzzy about MAJOR League v MINOR league rosters.

Are we drafting all these players at the same draft?

If the draft is prior to the season, there is no way to tell if some players are MAJOR or MINOR leagues. I assume we'd have to adjust after the fact.

As example, say someone drafts Michael Kopech onto their MINOR league roster and he makes the team. At that point he'd have to be moved to the MAJOR league roster and a player on the MAJOR league roster would have to be cut, put on IR if injured or sent to the MINOR league roster if that player for some reason got demoted.

Am I reading this right?

I'll try and clear this up but hopefully this helps.

We will do 2 drafts. One for major league players and one for "prospects"/ minor league players.

Players eligible for the major league draft are any player who has played at least 1 game in the majors. Special exception for this year will be Otani. Minor league players that have played in the majors can only be taken in the major league draft. If they don't break camp with their big league team then you can move them to your minor leagues on fantrax (you would have to drop a player you already had on the minor league roster to maintain a legal roster (max 15 minor league players). For example, Victor Robles can only be drafted in the major league draft. He will have to be one of your major league players, however if he does not break camp with the team he can be moved to you minor leagues on fantrax until he comes back up.

Players eligible for the minor league/prospect draft are any player who has not played a single game in the majors, any player signed with a team (even if they have not made their minor league debut). For example Kopech can only be drafted in the minor league/prospect draft. He will be on your minor league roster to begin the year. If he breaks camp with the team it is the owners option if he moves him to the major league roster and starts playing him (would require dropping a major league player to maintain a legal roster of 25 players)

2 special notes

1. If a minor leaguer makes his debut you do not need to add him at any point this year, but he must be on your major league roster by the following season.

2. If a player has played in the majors but is in the minors (example Robles) when he does get called up he must be moved to your major league roster within 2 weeks or you will lose him to waivers.

QUOTE (Moncada @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 11:56 AM)
I'll try and clear this up but hopefully this helps.

We will do 2 drafts. One for major league players and one for "prospects"/ minor league players.

Players eligible for the major league draft are any player who has played at least 1 game in the majors. Special exception for this year will be Otani. Minor league players that have played in the majors can only be taken in the major league draft. If they don't break camp with their big league team then you can move them to your minor leagues on fantrax (you would have to drop a player you already had on the minor league roster to maintain a legal roster (max 15 minor league players). For example, Victor Robles can only be drafted in the major league draft. He will have to be one of your major league players, however if he does not break camp with the team he can be moved to you minor leagues on fantrax until he comes back up.

Players eligible for the minor league/prospect draft are any player who has not played a single game in the majors, any player signed with a team (even if they have not made their minor league debut). For example Kopech can only be drafted in the minor league/prospect draft. He will be on your minor league roster to begin the year. If he breaks camp with the team it is the owners option if he moves him to the major league roster and starts playing him (would require dropping a major league player to maintain a legal roster of 25 players)

2 special notes

1. If a minor leaguer makes his debut you do not need to add him at any point this year, but he must be on your major league roster by the following season.

2. If a player has played in the majors but is in the minors (example Robles) when he does get called up he must be moved to your major league roster within 2 weeks or you will lose him to waivers.

OK got it. Kinda fun....Will we be expected to know if a minor leaguer has had a cup of coffee? Or will the respective drafts only include players eligible for that draft (not sure if we're selecting players from some online interface, or do we just post...."With the #1 pick in this draft I take XYZ"

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 02:55 PM)
OK got it. Kinda fun....Will we be expected to know if a minor leaguer has had a cup of coffee? Or will the respective drafts only include players eligible for that draft (not sure if we're selecting players from some online interface, or do we just post...."With the #1 pick in this draft I take XYZ"

No online interface. You can use the player section on fantrax to find players and add them, but to official make you selection you will have to post in the thread we will be using specifically for the draft. Did you get the email I sent to everyone last night?

QUOTE (Moncada @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 03:00 PM)
No online interface. You can use the player section on fantrax to find players and add them, but to official make you selection you will have to post in the thread we will be using specifically for the draft. Did you get the email I sent to everyone last night?

Yes I got the email, but I have yet to respond as my choice. I'll do that now.

So lets say someone "accidentally" drafts a player onto their Minor League roster who has played 1 game? Obviously that pick isn't valid. I suppose the person has within his 6 hour window to "fix" the pick

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 03:04 PM)

So lets say someone "accidentally" drafts a player onto their Minor League roster who has played 1 game? Obviously that pick isn't valid. I suppose the person has within his 6 hour window to "fix" the pick

That is usually how it works. A league I am in they will skip you if you make a wrong pick to not hold up the draft but you can pick at anytime.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 04:04 PM)

If the draft is moving along quickly we might pause and let you repick, otherwise you can repick as soon as your able. Basically it will be up to my discretion. The best thing to do for the minor and major league draft is to look up the player you want to draft and make sure they are eligible before you make your post.

QUOTE (Moncada @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 04:44 PM)
If the draft is moving along quickly we might pause and let you repick, otherwise you can repick as soon as your able. Basically it will be up to my discretion. The best thing to do for the minor and major league draft is to look up the player you want to draft and make sure they are eligible before you make your post.

Yes indeed. I will get my list together and make sure that issue isn't a problem for me, at least. I suspect with this crowd the MINOR League draft may be as much fun as the Major League draft. Lookin' forward to it.

I'm going to send out another email to everyone but for anyone reading.....

I have heard back from a lot of you regarding how we should run the league. Based on everyone's feedback I have decided we will use proboards to run the other aspects of the league that fantrax cannot, such as the draft etc. Basically it will allow us to keep things a little more organized than using a thread on this site. This is the site

rrwdynastyleague.proboards.com/

Please signup for the forum as soon as you can so we can make sure everyone gets on the forum. Go ahead and post, interact, etc. I am sending out 2 emails here shortly, one about the site and the other about the eligibility of players for the drafts.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 10:54 AM)
OK-I am on Fantrax and ProBoards. Fantrax looks pretty good actually.

We will draft on the proboards site and you will add our players to the Fantrax site correct?

Correct. The draft will be on the proboard site and then once it concludes I will enter the results on fantrax. Then we will be off and running.

QUOTE (Moncada @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 11:14 AM)
Correct. The draft will be on the proboard site and then once it concludes I will enter the results on fantrax. Then we will be off and running.

Cool. Like the others I'll just wait now.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 16, 2018 -> 05:19 PM)
So my better half wants to play...say somebody loses interest and the team just sputters there...what is the league policy going to be?

If everyone else is OK with it.....

If a teams owner becomes inactive I or the co-commissioner will set their optimum lineup at the begininng of the week and they will play their entire match up with that lineup. At the same time I will be trying to find a replacement owner. Since the dues will already have been paid the new owner can start taking over immediately and still be eligible for all prizes.