Yankees Win Game 2

DonkeyKongerko

Not really. The more I watch postseason baseball the more I realize that I am tired of the Yankees in the AL. Georgie is gonna break up this team if they don't win it all this year and nothing could make me happier. Also part of me wants the Twins to win this series and represent some AL Central pride. That being said, I still want the A's to win the pennant.

Not really.  The more I watch postseason baseball the more I realize that I am tired of the Yankees in the AL.  Georgie is gonna break up this team if they don't win it all this year and nothing could make me happier.  Also part of me wants the Twins to win this series and represent some AL Central pride.  That being said, I still want the A's to win the pennant.

If George breaks up this particular team, its just going to mean he brings in a lot of different high priced free agents.

I want the Yanks to get their asses kicked by the TWis. Screw Georgie and the freaking Yanks and their 187 mill payroll. Its blatant BS that they are allowed to have that kind of payroll while we have to sit and freaking watch the Sox get breaken up because ownership isn't willing to spend 60 or 65.

:fyou George

Not really.  The more I watch postseason baseball the more I realize that I am tired of the Yankees in the AL.  Georgie is gonna break up this team if they don't win it all this year and nothing could make me happier.  Also part of me wants the Twins to win this series and represent some AL Central pride.  That being said, I still want the A's to win the pennant.

If George dismantles this team, it's going to cost him. He will wind up spending about $200 MIL!!!! :o

There is no way to compete with a team like that. Baseball needs to have a cap.

If George dismantles this team, it's going to cost him.  He will wind up spending about $200 MIL!!!!  :o

There is no way to compete with a team like that.  Baseball needs to have a cap.

No...they just need to contract the f***ing yanks. Turn them into a sideshow or something.

I hate them both. Go marlins, I got Dontrelle fever... like 3 months late.

LOL....I think you're more then 3 months late....more like 4 or 5 months late.

I like the way the Marlins play. They try to get on base and make things happen. When they do it, it puts extra pressure on the pitcher so he doesn't let whoever the baserunner is to get a big lead, so he starts worrying about the baserunner more then the hitter, and the next thing you know, the ball is flying 450 feet.

That is why I think speed, or atleast stealing bases, is important to this team. Forcing the issue is what this team needs, because it messes with the pitcher, gets inside his head, and basically forces him to throw strikes. We saw a lot of that in 2000. It is also part of the Jose Valentin effect(in case you are unsure of what I mean, what I am talking aboutis Valentin's 2000 year....he hit .275 25 90, and he came into the season averaging an average season....something like .250 15 50 or so every year up to that point....but then he got put between Durham who constantly got on base and made the pitcher worry about to people at once, but he also batted in front of Frank Thomas, who had a tremendous year and crushed everything you threw over the plate....without those 2, Jose's offensive numbers are s***).

Anyways, I think that's about the only team I'm cheering for....though I think the Giants will win the series(this series and the whole damn thing too....IMO, they're just too damn strong not to win it)

Andy Pettite was brutal against the Twinkies today. I was watching da game on Fox and 1 AB summed the game up in the 4th I think when Jacque Jones was up and he struggling just to foul balls off and then struck on a high and tight fastball.

I hate the Twins and the Yankees, but I have to root for the Yankees because the Sox play the Twins more and they are in the division. The Yankees win the World Series, not a big deal. The Twins win the World Series, we're f***ed, we'll never hear the end of it.

LOL....I think you're more then 3 months late....more like 4 or 5 months late.

I like the way the Marlins play.  They try to get on base and make things happen.  When they do it, it puts extra pressure on the pitcher so he doesn't let whoever the baserunner is to get a big lead, so he starts worrying about the baserunner more then the hitter, and the next thing you know, the ball is flying 450 feet.

That is why I think speed, or atleast stealing bases, is important to this team.  Forcing the issue is what this team needs, because it messes with the pitcher, gets inside his head, and basically forces him to throw strikes.  We saw a lot of that in 2000.  It is also part of the Jose Valentin effect(in case you are unsure of what I mean, what I am talking aboutis Valentin's 2000 year....he hit .275 25 90, and he came into the season averaging an average season....something like .250 15 50 or so every year up to that point....but then he got put between Durham who constantly got on base and made the pitcher worry about to people at once, but he also batted in front of Frank Thomas, who had a tremendous year and crushed everything you threw over the plate....without those 2, Jose's offensive numbers are s***).

Anyways, I think that's about the only team I'm cheering for....though I think the Giants will win the series(this series and the whole damn thing too....IMO, they're just too damn strong not to win it)

Agreed. We NEED to run the bases.

Their starting pitching will be s*** in the next couple of years. They're way too old. Unless Georgie can buy out Harden and Prior or trade them for Boomer and Clemens, the Yankee dynasty must be put on a halt.

Don't bet on it. George will just buy what he needs. Always has and always will.

I hope the Marlins win it all. I hope the Yanks beat the s*** outta the Twins and if they dont, I hope the As/ Red Sox knock em out in the ALCS. In the ALCS, either way, Im going to root for the winner of the As/Red Sox series over the winner of the Yanks/Twins series. I hope Atlanta comes back and defeats the hated Scrubs. In the WS, Im hoping for Marlins/As with the Marlins on top. I like the way they play...

I'd like to see the Twins win the whole damn thing.  First, it will bring some respect to the AL Central. Second, it will give us a chance to dethrone the defending World Champions next year.

I dont care about respect for the AL Central. I care about respect for the Sox. Theres no way to get any of that for us now, so I dont want the Twins to win any respect either...