Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Whatever. I get all of my sports negativity out on the Bears. They are the only team that hasn't won anything in my lifetime, so I can shit on them if I want. 

you want to shit on them, fine, but at least try and make a point that isnt a reach.   This offense looks nothing like the Shoop offense, just because they missed on a few screens doesnt make them a Shoop offense.   Im pissed they lost too, but im not like "OH MY GOD THEY ARENT PLAYING ROQUAN SMITH THIS IS GREG BLACHE ALL OVER AGAIN"

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

you want to shit on them, fine, but at least try and make a point that isnt a reach.   This offense looks nothing like the Shoop offense, just because they missed on a few screens doesnt make them a Shoop offense.   Im pissed they lost too, but im not like "OH MY GOD THEY ARENT PLAYING ROQUAN SMITH THIS IS GREG BLACHE ALL OVER AGAIN"

There was a LOT of lateral shit in this game. Running, passing, you name it. A LOT of 3 yard routes. That is a Schoop offense. Sorry man, I don't see how this isn't a Schoop offense. If the fact they ran a route SHORT OF THE STICKS ON 3RD &1 doesn't scream Schoop to you, then idk what does? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There was a LOT of lateral shit in this game. Running, passing, you name it. A LOT of 3 yard routes. That is a Schoop offense. Sorry man, I don't see how this isn't a Schoop offense. If the fact they ran a route SHORT OF THE STICKS ON 3RD &1 doesn't scream Schoop to you, then idk what does? 

that route running was on Sims, he is supposed to go past the line to gain.   But please, continue repeating that it is a shoop offense, we all know how Shoop was all about the RPO

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

that route running was on Sims, he is supposed to go past the line to gain.   But please, continue repeating that it is a shoop offense, we all know how Shoop was all about the RPO

I know the difference between RPO and what was run in the NFL in 2002. Who cares about the RPO if Trubisky is too chicken shit to make the reads anyway? 

7 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I know the difference between RPO and what was run in the NFL in 2002. Who cares about the RPO if Trubisky is too chicken shit to make the reads anyway? 

yes, he is chickenshit.  thats what this is.  you done yet or are you going to start complaining about the T formation at the beginning of the game too

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

sims being the target is a problem. Trubisky's numbers after the first quarter were horrid. They looked so good in the first quarter. The defense looked so good in the first half, then awfulness. Maybe it was the lack of preseason play. They did look gassed, although I doubt playing an extra half here or there would have solved that.  

I think they will be better as long as the total collapse doesn't destroy them. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We know, man. In your eyes he sucks because of 12 games playing for John Fox and 1 game on primetime where the team lost by one. We get it. Go on your hiatus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

We know, man. In your eyes he sucks because of 12 games playing for John Fox and 1 game on primetime where the team lost by one. We get it. Go on your hiatus.

Do you have a subscription to the Athletic? Go read what Michael Lombardi said about Trubisky. Sobering. 

https://theathletic.com/516018/2018/09/10/week-1-from-the-gms-eye-a-magical-ending-for-aaron-rodgers-a-concerning-one-for-mitchell-trubisky/

Just now, Dick Allen said:

OBradovich and Hampton were hysterically pissed off after the game. They don't seem to be big fans of Nagy or Ryan Pace or Mitch Trubisky.

Then I'm glad I don't listen to them.

I love the NBC Sports Chicago panel with Holmes, Forte, Briggs, and ABrown. 

Just now, Brian said:

Then I'm glad I don't listen to them.

I love the NBC Sports Chicago panel with Holmes, Forte, Briggs, and ABrown. 

I think they sound bafoonish but for a few minutes here and there, it's pretty funny. OB kept asking why they didn't as Nagy in his interview why KC lost the playoff game when they had the big halftime lead. He claims because they supposedly didn't ask, and that loss was all Nagy's fault, even though he wasn't the head coach, that is the reason why the Bears blew the lead. 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

sims being the target is a problem. Trubisky's numbers after the first quarter were horrid. They looked so good in the first quarter. The defense looked so good in the first half, then awfulness. Maybe it was the lack of preseason play. They did look gassed, although I doubt playing an extra half here or there would have solved that.  

I think they will be better as long as the total collapse doesn't destroy them. 

Sims is a problem but with Shaheen out he moved into an important role in the offense.   Hopefully next time that pass finds Burton, Brown, Braunecker, someone not named Sims. 

There is no doubt the offense did not look good after the Packers started adjusting.   its a new offense and we all expected some bumps, especially after not playing much in preseason.   Monday is an important game to see how they react

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Do you have a subscription to the Athletic? Go read what Michael Lombardi said about Trubisky. Sobering. 

https://theathletic.com/516018/2018/09/10/week-1-from-the-gms-eye-a-magical-ending-for-aaron-rodgers-a-concerning-one-for-mitchell-trubisky/

Mike Lombardi feels that the only way to win the superbowl is to be the Patriots.   He is still trying to save face for what he said about Philly all year last year

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Sims is a problem but with Shaheen out he moved into an important role in the offense.   Hopefully next time that pass finds Burton, Brown, Braunecker, someone not named Sims. 

There is no doubt the offense did not look good after the Packers started adjusting.   its a new offense and we all expected some bumps, especially after not playing much in preseason.   Monday is an important game to see how they react

BTW, to clarify, I was comparing Nagy/Schoop only in the unconscionable amount of lateral shit they ran. I know their offenses are nowhere near the same. I don't know why the Bears run that stuff when they haven't been able to execute it for  25 fucking years. 

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Mike Lombardi feels that the only way to win the superbowl is to be the Patriots.   He is still trying to save face for what he said about Philly all year last year

If you thought that until the clock said 00:00 and the Patriots lost the game, I wouldn't blame you. They have been unquestionably the best organization in football since 2001. They've been to at least the AFC title game every year since 2009 IIRC. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

If you thought that until the clock said 00:00 and the Patriots lost the game, I wouldn't blame you. They have been unquestionably the best organization in football since 2001. 

the point just went sailing over your head

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Now google Lombardi's thoughts on the Doug Pedersen hire. I'll see my way out.

the point just went sailing over your head

If they called the catch rule the way they called it during the regular season last year in the Super Bowl, the Patriots win handily. By the letter of the law for the majority of the 2017 season, 2 TDs should have been called incomplete by the Eagles. Not to mention that the Philly Special was an illegal formation. I hate the Patriots with every fiber of my being, but they got jobbed in that one. I will say they deserve it though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they called the catch rule the way they called it during the regular season last year in the Super Bowl, the Patriots win handily. By the letter of the law for the majority of the 2017 season, 2 TDs should have been called incomplete by the Eagles. Not to mention that the Philly Special was an illegal formation. I hate the Patriots with every fiber of my being, but they got jobbed in that one. 

its still way up there man, sailing far above in the clouds

its still way up there man, sailing far above in the clouds

So you're saying he has no credibility? This one is over my head. Please explain. How can you blame anyone for taking the Patriots to win the SB until they're eliminated while Brady and Belichick are there?  

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they called the catch rule the way they called it during the regular season last year in the Super Bowl, the Patriots win handily. By the letter of the law for the majority of the 2017 season, 2 TDs should have been called incomplete by the Eagles. Not to mention that the Philly Special was an illegal formation. I hate the Patriots with every fiber of my being, but they got jobbed in that one. 

That doesn't excuse the dumb things Lombardi, who you apparently think is very credible in his thoughts on current NFL football, said about the Doug Pedersen hire.

Lombardi when the Eagles hired Pedersen: "He might be less qualified to coach a team than anyone I’ve ever seen in my 30-plus years in the NFL."

Of course Nagy is still somewhat protecting Trubisky. He's played like 26 games since his 18th birthday, and 13 of them were in UNC's crazy ass offense and the other 13 (besides one) was in a run/run/pass/punt offense led by the incomparable John Fox. If you really thought Trubisky was going to have a second year like Wentz, your expectations were too high to begin with. I told you all I still think they win 8 or 9 games this year because I expect a lot of ups and downs from the offense- raw QB, rookie coach, totally new pieces and a brand new/innovative offense. What did you truly expect?

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

So you're saying he has no credibility? This one is over my head. Please explain. 

his credibility is extremely questionable.   last year he recommended the bears hire josh fucking mcdaniels, fire everyone from Pace down, and let McDaniels build the front office and team.

Thats fucking insanity

• Like 1