Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

That's your game, folks. They still have a long way to go. 9 wins should be considered a good season. 

You are right. I am thinking 7, maybe 8 realistic and 8 wouldn't be terrible, but yes 9 would be good. 

2 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

You are right. I am thinking 7, maybe 8 realistic and 8 wouldn't be terrible, but yes 9 would be good. 

Hoodie makes a lot of QBs look bad. Mitch had a couple really good games before today, and his receivers are doing him no favors. 

Chalk it up to Belichick being a great coach even when shorthanded on talent. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Hoodie makes a lot of QBs look bad. Mitch had a couple really good games before today, and his receivers are doing him no favors. 

Chalk it up to Belichick being a great coach even when shorthanded on talent. 

Mahomes schooled these guys last week. The receivers have not played well, but Trubisky has been brutal. 

Mahomes also looked horrible for half the game. 

I think Mahomes was just amped up. He settled down and turned that game into passing drills. Brady did the same to the chiefs.

Trubisky has sucked today on every level needed for QB other than mobility. 

Edited by kwolf68

Just now, kwolf68 said:

More to do with him, not hoodie. I think Mahomes was just amped up. He settled down and turned that game into passing drills. Brady did the same to the chiefs.

Trubisky has sucked today, missing open receivers, panicking, not going through progressions, etc. Hoodie had nothing to do with constant over throws, underthrows, throws to nowhere and  MULTIPLE passes into players wearing white jerseys.

I don't disagree that Trubisky has been inaccurate. It also seems like the Pats DBs all have really good instincts on when to jump routes. 

14 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

Agree. Thing is, losing to Miami made this game more important. A win down there, then the Pats game is just house money.  

The next two games are  winnable. Jets game is a tossup, Bills should be an easy W. Get through the 1st half 5-3 and see what happens in division play. Bears are now in last place, btw. It doesn't help one bit that they play in the toughest division in the NFL. I hope this isn't like 2014 where they started 3-0 and ended up 5-11.  The 4 games vs the Vikings and Lions are going to to determine whether or not they win 8-10 games or 6-7. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

The next two games are  winnable. Jets game is a tossup, Bills should be an easy W. Get through the 1st half 5-3 and see what happens in division play. Bears are now in last place, btw. It doesn't help one bit that they play in the toughest division in the NFL. I hope this isn't like 2014 where they started 3-0 and ended up 5-11.  The 4 games vs the Vikings and Lions are going to to determine whether or not they win 8-10 games or 6-7. 

I have them splitting w/ Detroit, but getting swept by Minnesota. The Bears have yet to see a defense that good. 2-2 against those two teams would be great, but I can't see that at this time. If Trubisky progresses then we can alter our view of their potential, but as of right now I see 1-3 in those 4. 

10 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

I have them splitting w/ Detroit, but getting swept by Minnesota. The Bears have yet to see a defense that good. 2-2 against those two teams would be great, but I can't see that at this time. If Trubisky progresses then we can alter our view of their potential, but as of right now I see 1-3 in those 4. 

Yeah, me too. I don't see them beating GB or the Rams either, Bills, Niners and Giants should be a win. I think they could go 0-4 in those games though.  Jets could go either way.  Looking at 6-8 wins at this point. 8 wins with a W vs. the Lions and Jets, 7 if they split those two, and 6 if they lose them. Should they lay an egg vs a bad team, they could win 5. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

5 minutes ago, kwolf68 said:

That defense got torched by the Buffalo Bills and just lost their star corner 

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That defense got torched by the Buffalo Bills and just lost their star corner 

If Josh Allen wasn't injured, I'd have a hard time chalking that one in the W column for the Bears. With Allen, the Bills are kind of like the Bears were last year. Without him they are just bad. 

1 hour ago, kwolf68 said:

I think Mahomes was just amped up. He settled down and turned that game into passing drills. Brady did the same to the chiefs.

Trubisky has sucked today on every level needed for QB other than mobility. 

He turned the ball over twice last week and probably could have been 4

• Thanks 1

Look we can Trubisky this or Fangio that, but the bottom line is if you give up 2 special teams TD’s, you’re not going to win. Combine that with not picking up Edelman’s punt and you have a trio of turds. They lost to NE by 7, and I figured that would be the case, if not 11-14.

Beat NY and Buffalo & come home 5-3 for a division game.

• Like 1

I hate being mediocre, which I think the Bears are. I either want to completely suck, like the Sox, or be really good like the Hawks were from 2010-16. Being mediocre is the worst type of torture. There is no pain when there is no hope. I think a lot of fans are coming to this realization, which is why full rebuilds are becoming more common throughout all sports. From my perspective, it is much easier to watch a team when there is no hope and enjoy the few good players your team has, rather than nitpicking everything that went wrong when your team is mediocre. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I hate being mediocre, which I think the Bears are. I either want to completely suck, like the Sox, or be really good like the Hawks were from 2010-16. Being mediocre is the worst type of torture. There is no pain when there is no hope. I think a lot of fans are coming to this realization, which is why full rebuilds are becoming more common throughout all sports. From my perspective, it is much easier to watch a team when there is no hope and enjoy the few good players your team has, rather than nitpicking everything that went wrong when your team is mediocre. 

Your perspective sucks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1