Favorite Piece of White Sox Memorabilia

KnightsOnMintSt

1 hour ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Signed ticket (framed) by Mark after his first no-hitter that we attended...my Wife surprised me by getting it to Mark via a Batboy she was friends with.

I've got the commemorative posters from his no-hitter and his perfect game signed by him up in the man cave. He said he wouldn't sign them but there is a family connection and he signed them specifically to me and my father. also he sent a note along that he trusts we will not never sell them and they are personal gifts.

Edited by ptatc
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

I've got the commemorative posters from his no-hitter and his perfect game signed by him up in the man cave. He said he wouldn't sign them but there is a family connection and he signed them specifically to me and my father. also he sent a note along that he trusts we will not never sell them and they are personal gifts.

I was at the game where they gave away the poster after the perfect game. I few years later I brought it to college with me and hung it on the wall. The poster was above the desk/shelf area of my dorm room. One day it fell off, and slid right in the crack between the wall and the shelving. I was never able to get it out.

On 7/21/2019 at 4:09 PM, WBWSF said:

1) The 1942 White Sox poster schedule which lists all of the home games from that season, 2) Every White Sox media guide and yearbook since 1933. 3) Every Topps White Sox baseball card from 1959 to the present. The above have been my favorites. My White Sox collection has been featured in Sports Collectors Digest, Sports Collectors daily and the first edition of the White Sox Encyclopedia by Richard Lindberg. My latest collecting sickness are White Sox bobbleheads. I have 130 different White Sox  bobbleheads. I'm running out of room in my mancave.

Imagine if you were a Yankees fan . That stuff might have value instead of being bird cage lining.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Imagine if you were a Yankees fan . That stuff might have value instead of being bird cage lining.

That suggests that the only measure of value is monetary.