Andrew Benintendi Available?

ChiSox59

2 hours ago, SCCWS said:

I love fan trades. Living in Boston area I heard a fan say yesterday he would  trade Benintendi to  Chicago for Colome, Eloy, and  Cease.  Gives you an idea how the other side thinks. 

I doubt Benintendi is moved for many reasons.  They are basically limited to a WC shot so I don't see them purging any top assets till offseason.  

Well, that fan is an idiot.  Eloy alone is more valuable than Beinintendi at this juncture, purely based on amount of contractual control.

I too agree many fan trades are funny - but there at least appears to be some willingness on Boston's end to part with Benintendi based on the recent reports, so its not quite as out of left field as the white sox trading Jimenez and Cease.  

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Well, that fan is an idiot.  Eloy alone is more valuable than Beinintendi at this juncture, purely based on amount of contractual control.

I too agree many fan trades are funny - but there at least appears to be some willingness on Boston's end to part with Benintendi based on the recent reports, so its not quite as out of left field as the white sox trading Jimenez and Cease.  

I think in many of these cases, the GM 's feel for the future comes in to play.  In this case, Boston knows Betts is coming up and Bradley is still a seesaw. So what DD thinks will happen w Betts affects keeping Benintendi. There is no talk in New England of Benintendi this week,  It is mostly JD Martinez and Betts and whether either one will leave for FA  

FYI--Boston( I also spend time in Tampa) market has a totally different take.  The media/fans rarely ever talk service time or contractual control.  They always talk in a very limited view. I was watching a show last night and the host was laughing  about a listing of Top 10 farm systems. He said Boston and New York never seem to make the cut but always seem to put winning teams on the field and continue to churn out players.  I guess big market vs small market approaches. Some teams just spend big bucks to fill the holes their farm can't patch.  

Tampa baseball gets less attention than HS sports

Edited by SCCWS