Gary Sheffield

Jim Fainter

I'd say the Yankees could go after him.

Also read on ESPN Insider that if they offered the money (which I don't see them doing), he'd play for Tampa.

Don't see him resigning with Atlanta, but I could be wrong.

Also read on ESPN Insider that if they offered the money (which I don't see them doing), he'd play for Tampa.

Tampa has no money, and the rumor is that Atlanta is lopping $20 mil or so off of their payroll.

I agree, I have a feeling the Yankees are going to make a play for Sheffield. I've heard they are going to push hard for Castillo and move Soriano to center so that Bernie can DH. Sheffield would then fit perfectly into right field for them. If this scenario does play out, I might just quit following baseball.

I know the Orieals are in the hunt to spend alot of $, and it sounds like Tejada wants to stay in Cali (Dodgers, Angels) so maybe the O's, or mabye Sheff goes back to LA.

He will never go back to LA.

He desperately wanted out of there.

I agree, I have a feeling the Yankees are going to make a play for Sheffield.  I've heard they are going to push hard for Castillo and move Soriano to center so that Bernie can DH.  Sheffield would then fit perfectly into right field for them.  If this scenario does play out, I might just quit following baseball.

Eh, I can't see them just leaving Nick Johnson out of the lineup. Johnson is good at first. Giambi can DH, I think Bernie will go to right.

Eh, I can't see them just leaving Nick Johnson out of the lineup. Johnson is good at first. Giambi can DH, I think Bernie will go to right.

I don't believe Bernie will be moving to right field, he just doesn't have the arm to play that position.

I also can't see Sheffield coming to New York, the Yankees don't spend tons of money on crazies like Sheff.

If Maggs gets shipped out then I wouldn't necessarily look against Sheff coming here.

I would, he seems too Albert Belle for me. I think he's more about himself than the team and frankly if we lost just Maggs we wouldn't exactly be a below average offensive squad. Spend that money on speed pitching and defense.

I would, he seems too Albert Belle for me.  I think he's more about himself than the team and frankly if we lost just Maggs we wouldn't exactly be a below average offensive squad.  Spend that money on speed pitching and defense.

So??

Check the Numbers. But if we would get sheff (It won't happen) Frank has to be gone. Imagine those 2 in the same Clubhouse :o

Maybe he can still playt Short :bang

BTW, everyone talks about Castillio, but have they said they defenitly arent signing him? Just wondering.

It has been rumored that they are going to make a strong push for Castillo and move Soriano to CF. The Yankees tend to get the players they want, so if they are serious about getting Castillo there is a good chance it will happen.

Well, Sheff made 11 million in the final year of his contract this year. He originally had a 6 year-61 million dollar deal. With him getting a little older I doubt anyone is going to give him a big contract like that. I am sure he will take a pay cut as will most Free Agents but I am sure he will command a decent salary. He is a solid hitter and decent fielder. He will probably go for a 3-4 year deal around 40 mil im guessing. That is just a guess though. You never know with this market and how much teams will pay for their guys.

That is what I was thinking Aboz.  But some teams might get into a bidding war or overpay.  I was thinking he is probably gonna get 8-9 a year for 3-4 years.

And to think if Bor-ass was still his agent, he'd want 10 mil + per season.