Dombrowski Fired

Boopa1219

1 hour ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Boston is amazing.  Expectations are high.  The team is run the exact opposite of the White Sox.

Yes, it's nice when accountability exists in an organization. Though I think that this has to do with them knowing something about Chris Sale that the public doesn't.

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yes, it's nice when accountability exists in an organization. Though I think that this has to do with them knowing something about Chris Sale that the public doesn't.

It would seem hard to blame DD if Sale is more hurt than they are letting on. He did get them a WS, and obviously ownership signed off on his extension if not negotiated it.

6 hours ago, Quin said:

Wow, I get that the man had a bad year and they've got some risky pitching contracts on the books, but you don't even give him a shot after he brings you a title that fast?

Kind of like when the Sox fired Gene Lamont 26 games into the 1995 season. Won the division in 1993. Was winning in 1994. Basically give McDowell away and signed over the hill Krukand Sabo, and then blame the manager because the team sucked. Then take it a step further and make Bevington the manager. Not one of Ron Schuelers best moves.

Edited by Dick Allen

DD did exactly what he was asked but it’s fair to look at them and think it wasn’t built for his strengths moving forward and to change directions. Red Sox are a highly effective org and I’m sure they’ll find a way not to miss a beat. 

4 hours ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Boston is amazing.  Expectations are high.  The team is run the exact opposite of the White Sox.

This is true on both counts. Boston expects to win, and people are held accountable if they don't. Reinsdorf has said firing LaRussa was his biggest mistake. No, his biggest mistake was two fold: Elevating Hawk Harrelson to the FO and letting that mope fire Dave Dombrowski. Hey, about this for a suggestion? Fire Hahn and Williams and hire Dombrowski. Or at least bring Dombrowski back into the organization.