Sox interested in Dellin Betances?

10 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I don’t follow at all.  And not sure why he wouldn’t be ready by opening day if he’s not having surgery (baring any setbacks).

He may be but he is a gamble. In 2019 he had shoulder, groin and achilles  issues. Obviously w the fluke achilles, he was never able to show that his fastball was back in his rehab then ML 1 inning stint.  If he comes really cheap he is definitely worth a shot but if it comes down to a 1yr he probably will stay in NY.  

I am not sure how available the achilles medical reports are?

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

Maybe Balta's view of Achilles injuries has been skewed by Jake "Double Cheese" Burger

Burger’s injury was far more severe (hence surgery) and happened twice.  If someone like Patc says that opening day is a reach because of potential rehab time then I’ll happily concede, but until I will go with what’s being reported.

4 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

How would 1/3 ever be better than 2/30 for a reliever. He's not getting 27 million in year two regardless of how good he is next year.

Because if he plays next year and stays healthy and  is the old Betances, he'll be back looking at a $75 million deal or more, covering 5-ish seasons. That's what he was on track for prior to this year. 

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Because if he plays next year and stays healthy and  is the old Betances, he'll be back looking at a $75 million deal or more, covering 5-ish seasons. That's what he was on track for prior to this year. 

Zero chance he gets that in the 2020-21 offseason even if he stays healthy next year.

19 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t believe that at all, but if he is expected to be ready opening day then he should take the best 1 year deal he can get, because he won’t have a QO attached to him if he has a good year. If he thinks he’s healthy, 1/$3 is a better deal for him than 2/$30.

Woah, took that one to the extreme. No sane person would take 1/$3M over 2/$30M. No one