AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

52 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Remember when everyone was b****ing on OD that Leury sucks defensively up the middle? Granted he did contribute heavily to that first loss with his defense at 2B, but lately he's looked great at short. Much like in 2019 when Yolmer started out horribly defensively at 2B...then he ended winning the 2B Gold Glove lol.

IMO Leury's gotten to baseballs that I think Anderson either wouldn't have gotten to, or would have bobbled. 

Plus, his bat is on fire right now. 

Next season, much like McCann, I hope the Sox can find a way to sign him to a super sub role. I guess it's a good problem that your team has players considered to be bench players that could be starters elsewhere. 

We renegotiated Leury’s contract in the spring to include an option for 2021.  He will definitely be our super utility guy for another year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, daa84 said:

Adam Engel deserves a lot of credit.  He has made himself into a useful player. Clearly has lots of value defensively and overhauled his swing (short and compact now) to the point where he can actually contribute offensively a bit. Not saying he’s an Allstar or even an everyday player, but he’s not a black hole and he clearly deserves to be on a major league roster  

His swing went from ugly to direct to the ball he worked hard.

1 hour ago, daa84 said:

Adam Engel deserves a lot of credit.  He has made himself into a useful player. Clearly has lots of value defensively and overhauled his swing (short and compact now) to the point where he can actually contribute offensively a bit. Not saying he’s an Allstar or even an everyday player, but he’s not a black hole and he clearly deserves to be on a major league roster  

If we are being completely honest, he deserves to start in RF everyday right now. The other guys aren't hitting and can't play defense. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Remember when everyone was b****ing on OD that Leury sucks defensively up the middle? Granted he did contribute heavily to that first loss with his defense at 2B, but lately he's looked great at short. Much like in 2019 when Yolmer started out horribly defensively at 2B...then he ended winning the 2B Gold Glove lol.

IMO Leury's gotten to baseballs that I think Anderson either wouldn't have gotten to, or would have bobbled. 

Plus, his bat is on fire right now. 

Next season, much like McCann, I hope the Sox can find a way to sign him to a super sub role. I guess it's a good problem that your team has players considered to be bench players that could be starters elsewhere. 

They already have an option for $3.5 million, $250K boycott.   Sportrac is wrong.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well unfortunately I was right about Bummer being placed on the 10 day IL. So now we get to see Burdi another TJ guy who have trouble staying healthy and possibly Drew Anderson who had some good moments in spring training when they started him a few games.

Burdi had Tommy John surgery in 2017.

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotcha, I thought you were grouping him with the guys who are coming off a TJS and struggling to stay healthy this year.

He's never really pitched any length of time or very effectively since the TJS. This Spring he pitched effectively for 4 innings but wasn't invited to summer camp which led to me speculating about his health and if I remember right Ptatc also thought it was curious.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside