2021 World Series Sox vs. Padres

caulfield12

4 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Why do you keep posting 1000 word analyses of the Padres on here? Not even on the Diamond club. You do know which team's board you are on right?

It's not possible to have a favorite team in each league?

Okay, then move it to the Diamond Club.

It's the biggest story in MLB today, is it not?   And it also involves the Indians, one of our biggest rivals.

But that's fine, do whatever you want, it doesn't matter and I'm not going to be in the least bit upset.  People can read and understand about other teams in MLB...I was gone the first three months here last year, so I had almost no choice since there are no other decent Sox boards and I still enjoyed discussing baseball, and there's a lot to learn from following other teams, other announcers, radio pairings at MLB Gameday Audio or MLB.TV, etc.

You'll note I also started the Luis Robert THE LEGEND thread.   Not only that, but one of the biggest and most consistent backers of Nick Madrigal.   You won't see a negative word from me on here about either Robert or Madrigal, fwiw.

People get so salty in here.   The Padres are constantly tinkering, the White Sox playing it conservative once again.   Just interesting to watch the two diametrically opposed approaches play out.

Of course, if we had a team like the Dodgers or Cubs in our way with unlimited pockets, it would be tougher going.   In that sense, the White Sox are QUITE fortunate to be in the AL Central, even though they've gone a decade without being able to take advantage of it.

Edited by caulfield12

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

They're still ONE year off from closing on the Dodgers, but narrowing the gap...and quickly.   Especially if Machado's back to being a 1.000+ OPS hitter and carrying the team on his back, like recently.

I think they're more than a year away. The Dodgers smoke them this year and next year. Maybe the Friars break through in 2022 - if no other team in the NL poses another threat.

1 minute ago, chetkincaid said:

I think they're more than a year away. The Dodgers smoke them this year and next year. Maybe the Friars break through in 2022 - if no other team in the NL poses another threat.

Depends on Seager, Bellinger and Betts all staying healthy.

And that LAD starting pitching staff (Urias/May/Gonsolin on back end).   With Gore and Clevinger on the way, and Lamet coming out of nowhere to look like a Top 10 Cy Young award candidate, they're not as far away as you'd think.

And they've played and Dodgers more competitively the last series or two than any time in the last decade.