Dombrowski to the Angels?

Harold's Leg Lift

Oh boy would this be fun.  The Angels are in desperate need of new leadership as Billy Eppler just hasn't gotten the job done.  The Angels have some pretty good prospects for Dombrowski to trade (Adell, Marsh, Adams, Detmers) but the system falls off a cliff after them and they're still saddled with terrible contracts to Pujols and Upton.  It's too bad Ohtani is having such a down year because if he can't pich anymore he could be a good trade candidate.  This might be Dombo's toughest reclamation project yet and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.  

20 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Oh boy would this be fun.  The Angels are in desperate need of new leadership as Billy Eppler just hasn't gotten the job done.  The Angels have some pretty good prospects for Dombrowski to trade (Adell, Marsh, Adams, Detmers) but the system falls off a cliff after them and they're still saddled with terrible contracts to Pujols and Upton.  It's too bad Ohtani is having such a down year because if he can't pich anymore he could be a good trade candidate.  This might be Dombo's toughest reclamation project yet and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.  

This will be fun. I really like him. He was the GM when i was working in the minors for the Marlins. He is the most detailed and involved person I have ever met. 

• Like 1

I remember him and Roland, did a great job with the Sox including their second best season (99 wins, 1 shy of 1917, tied with 2005) in club history.

Bill Veeck always had an eye for great talent, sad they were purged. Not many win 4 pennants and 2 World Series leading their organization. 

He did always trade a lot of prospects but most of them really became busts.

The only real good ones he traded were andrew miller in the miggy trade and moncada, kopech in the sale trade and both trades brought in a superstar in their prime who worked out really well.

Still of course that approach is not super sustainable but he definitely did trade the right guys most of the time.

• 4 weeks later...