How would you rather have gone down?

Bighurt52235

Choose your death.  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your death.

• Fall apart in September.
    • Fall apart when you 5 outs from the Fall Classic.

Wow, I'm usually not in the minority on these things. Winning the division would be a celebration, and I still haven't seen a postseason home victory - none of us has since 1959 - and I'd like to see that. Losing and having to go home always sucks, whenever it happens, but getting so close to the Series, I think it would be preferable to CHOKING AGAINST THE f***ING TWINS! AGAIN!

Wow, I'm usually not in the minority on these things. Winning the division would be a celebration, and I still haven't seen a postseason home victory - none of us has since 1959 - and I'd like to see that. Losing and having to go home always sucks, whenever it happens, but getting so close to the Series, I think it would be preferable to CHOKING AGAINST THE f***ING TWINS! AGAIN!

Well said. :cheers

I'd MUCH rather go out the way we did.

Why?

I wouldn't want to have the black cloud over my head of the BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY.

Our choke against the Twins is a blip on the radar screen compared to the el foldo those guys did.

And I'm happy to say I rooted against them all the way!! :headbang

I think anyone that says they'd rather go home in September is either...

a) Full of s***

or

B) not really a fan in the first place

Come on! You're telling me that we should be more satisfied than Cubs fans?

a) Full of s***

or

For me, it is less painful this way. Not that falling apart in September didn't have pain, but the disappointment wasn't as great. Just my honest opinion.

a) Full of s***

or

It's not that I am more satisfied, it's that it wasn't a crushing blow like the one the up North. That would f*** me up for at least a week.

Mreye,

The question was, which way would you rather go out?

I'd rather not go out by having the BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY on my tombstone.

And that makes me full of s*** or not really a fan in the first place?

What in the f*** does wanting to avoid pain, embarrassment, humiliation, and a lifetime of ridicule have to do with being a true fan? Because that's what the Cubs and their fans have to face ... pain, embarrassment, humiliation, ridicule, and the answer to the trivia question:

WHICH CHICAGO SPORTS TEAM PULLED THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB AND WHEN?

Answer: 2003 Chicago Cubs.

No thanks, I don't want to be associated with something like that.

I am a true fan, and I pay my season ticket money every year.

Go ask the REAL Cubs fans, not all these bandwagon jumping pricks who got transferred to Chicago by their big corporations ... the real, honest, down to earth Cub fans (there are a few, not many, but they do exist). I've talked to three of them in the past couple days ... they all said, "s***, if we knew we'd have to have this albatross hanging on our necks for the rest of our lives, we'd have rather had the Cardinals or the Astros make it."

Cub fans are damn worried about how this will affect the psyche of their '04 team ... and guys like Wood, Prior, Zambrano who are all worn down from all the innings they threw. They're not a happy lot of people right now ... for bigger reasons than the fact they just pulled THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY.

It's quite enough pain being a Sox fan all my life, thankyouverymuch. I don't need it compounded by having to live with a choke job like that.

It's all about retrospect. I'd much rather not deal with the intense pain. My pain is one hell of a lot less than those Cub fans pain. And when I say Cub fans, I mean the real, decent, honest Cub fan ... not the 95% of them who are generally clueless about baseball, history, who plays for their team, etc. Because those dips***s are already at some cocktail party and have moved on to the next bandwagon.

Real fan? You bet.

A real fan of pain avoidance.

Full of s***? Maybe because I keep paying my season ticket money, yeah, ok, I'm full of s*** because of that.

But other than that, I think I've explained it all pretty clearly.

And plus ... Did you REALLY think the 2003 White Sox were going to go all the way??? I thought it was pretty clear by the way they:

1). Opened up the season

2). Couldn't find a 5th starter to save their life

3). Played on the road

4). Were absolutely brutal in situational hitting

5). Played against the Tigers

6). How well Minnesota played after the break

That they didn't have a prayer to go all the way, let alone get in.

I'd rather have management have more time to figure out how to fix things vs. the absolute devastation Cubdom is facing.

But hey, that's just me.

But insinuate I'm not a real fan?

:nono

Mreye,

I'd rather not go out by having the BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY on my tombstone.

What in the f*** does wanting to avoid pain, embarrassment, humiliation, and a lifetime of ridicule have to do with being a true fan?  Because that's what the Cubs and their fans have to face ... pain, embarrassment, humiliation, ridicule, and the answer to the trivia question:

Go ask the REAL Cubs fans, not all these bandwagon jumping pricks who got transferred to Chicago by their big corporations ... the real, honest, down to earth Cub fans (there are a few, not many, but they do exist).  I've talked to three of them in the past couple days ... they all said, "s***, if we knew we'd have to have this albatross hanging on our necks for the rest of our lives, we'd have rather had the Cardinals or the Astros make it."

Cub fans are damn worried about how this will affect the psyche of their '04 team ... and guys like Wood, Prior, Zambrano who are all worn down from all the innings they threw.  They're not a happy lot of people right now ... for bigger reasons than the fact they just pulled THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY.

It's quite enough pain being a Sox fan all my life, thankyouverymuch.  I don't need it compounded by having to live with a choke job like that.

It's all about retrospect.  I'd much rather not deal with the intense pain.  My pain is one hell of a lot less than those Cub fans pain.  And when I say Cub fans, I mean the real, decent, honest Cub fan ... not the 95% of them who are generally clueless about baseball, history, who plays for their team, etc.  Because those dips***s are already at some cocktail party and have moved on to the next bandwagon.

Real fan?  You bet.

Full of s***?  Maybe because I keep paying my season ticket money, yeah, ok, I'm full of s*** because of that.

And plus ... Did you REALLY think the 2003 White Sox were going to go all the way???  I thought it was pretty clear by the way they:

1).  Opened up the season

2).  Couldn't find a 5th starter to save their life

3).  Played on the road

4).  Were absolutely brutal in situational hitting

5).  Played against the Tigers

6).  How well Minnesota played after the break

I'd rather have management have more time to figure out how to fix things vs. the absolute devastation Cubdom is facing.

But hey, that's just me.

Scoreboard. :o

:ph34r:

:cheers

I would still rather make the playoffs. I agree with mreye to a point. Granted it would be alot more painful, but it would also be alot more exciting and fun. We all would have celebrated them making the playoffs, then getting out of the division series. I think it is silly for anyone to put the way we went out, who cares if it is a trivia question (which it will not be, they were flat outplayed at the end of the series). Yes, it would be alot more heartbreaking, but better than how we went out.

Mreye,

What in the f*** does wanting to avoid pain, embarrassment, humiliation, and a lifetime of ridicule have to do with being a true fan?  Because that's what the Cubs and their fans have to face ... pain, embarrassment, humiliation, ridicule, and the answer to the trivia question:

Go ask the REAL Cubs fans, not all these bandwagon jumping pricks who got transferred to Chicago by their big corporations ... the real, honest, down to earth Cub fans (there are a few, not many, but they do exist).  I've talked to three of them in the past couple days ... they all said, "s***, if we knew we'd have to have this albatross hanging on our necks for the rest of our lives, we'd have rather had the Cardinals or the Astros make it."

Cub fans are damn worried about how this will affect the psyche of their '04 team ... and guys like Wood, Prior, Zambrano who are all worn down from all the innings they threw.  They're not a happy lot of people right now ... for bigger reasons than the fact they just pulled THE BIGGEST CHOKE JOB IN CHICAGO SPORTS HISTORY.

It's quite enough pain being a Sox fan all my life, thankyouverymuch.  I don't need it compounded by having to live with a choke job like that.

It's all about retrospect.  I'd much rather not deal with the intense pain.  My pain is one hell of a lot less than those Cub fans pain.  And when I say Cub fans, I mean the real, decent, honest Cub fan ... not the 95% of them who are generally clueless about baseball, history, who plays for their team, etc.  Because those dips***s are already at some cocktail party and have moved on to the next bandwagon.

Real fan?  You bet.

Full of s***?  Maybe because I keep paying my season ticket money, yeah, ok, I'm full of s*** because of that.

And plus ... Did you REALLY think the 2003 White Sox were going to go all the way???  I thought it was pretty clear by the way they:

1).  Opened up the season

2).  Couldn't find a 5th starter to save their life

3).  Played on the road

4).  Were absolutely brutal in situational hitting

5).  Played against the Tigers

6).  How well Minnesota played after the break

But hey, that's just me.

Great post :cheers

This post is interesting.

I don't see how anybody wouldn't want to go as far as possible in the postseason.

To the males on here.

Would you rather date Kournikova for 6 months then have her dump you or not date her at all?

Ditto Pam Anderson.

Jennifer Hewitt, etc.

C'mon. You want to go as far as you can.

Maybe this is the post where somebody will finally get mad at me and blast me.

But I say c'mon. If you would rather go out the way we did than the way the Cubs did

you are a defeatist.

I would rather go as far as the Cubs did.

Granted, we'd now be commiserating about the worst flop in franchise history, but

at least we'd have been there.

And who the f*** knows? This experience might help the Cubs in the future if they

keep the team intact.

I also agree with the one poster that I hope Cub talk dies soon. f*** the Cubs.

This post is interesting.

I don't see how anybody wouldn't want to go as far as possible in the postseason.

To the males on here.

Would you rather date Kournikova for 6 months then have her dump you or not date her at all?

Ditto Pam Anderson.

Jennifer Hewitt, etc.

C'mon. You want to go as far as you can.

Maybe this is the post where somebody will finally get mad at me and blast me.

But I say c'mon. If you would rather go out the way we did than the way the Cubs did

you are a defeatist.

I would rather go as far as the Cubs did.

Granted, we'd now be commiserating about the worst flop in franchise history, but

at least we'd have been there.

And who the f*** knows? This experience might help the Cubs in the future if they

keep the team intact.

I also agree with the one poster that I hope Cub talk dies soon. f*** the Cubs.

That was my logic on this topic. :cheers