Forget RF and 2nd - what about SS and CF?

Texsox

Testing a point about the perceived negativity on the boards. How many posts do we have trying to fix problems, upgrade, etc at RF and 2nd? Hundreds? 

Now let's take two more positions, SS and CF. How many posts will this go? A dozen? There just isn't any fuel. 

But damn it's fun watching those guys. They make me glad to be a Sox fan. All that needs to happen is pencil them in everyday and keep them healthy.

I don't think we're really that negative. Looking up and down the lineup there just isn't much that needs to be done at most positions so we look at the problem areas because that's where something could be done. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Testing a point about the perceived negativity on the boards. How many posts do we have trying to fix problems, upgrade, etc at RF and 2nd? Hundreds? 

Now let's take two more positions, SS and CF. How many posts will this go? A dozen? There just isn't any fuel. 

But damn it's fun watching those guys. They make me glad to be a Sox fan. All that needs to happen is pencil them in everyday and keep them healthy.

I don't think we're really that negative. Looking up and down the lineup there just isn't much that needs to be done at most positions so we look at the problem areas because that's where something could be done. 

Arguably the 3 most important positions on the diamond--SS, CF and C, are all manned by our best players on the team. That's good shit right there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

But what about 3B, lol?

Watching his spring at-bats…well, he looks more like 2017/18 Moncada.  Still have another week to pick it up.

At least the ball exploded off 2017/18 Moncada's bat when he made contact. Now......not so much. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 hours ago, Texsox said:

Want a good litmus test? I posted in the "Bold Predictions Thread" Jeff Passan's predictions for the 2022 season. It had Dylan Cease mentioned as a Cy Young candidate. It had Robert in the mix for AL MVP. Passan even predicted the White Sox over the Dodgers to win the World Series.

Since I posted that, there has been not a single response.

31 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Want a good litmus test? I posted in the "Bold Predictions Thread" Jeff Passan's predictions for the 2022 season. It had Dylan Cease mentioned as a Cy Young candidate. It had Robert in the mix for AL MVP. Passan even predicted the White Sox over the Dodgers to win the World Series.

Since I posted that, there has been not a single response.

And this is why front office personnel should not listen to fans the majority of the time when making decisions lol.

3 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Arguably the 3 most important positions on the diamond--SS, CF and C, are all manned by our best players on the team. That's good shit right there.

I guess this organization sees it different;ly.  They seem to crank out guys that may be suited for 1B/DH.