Yoan Moncada, Chicago Public Enemy #1

southsider2k5

6 hours ago, Texsox said:

Left last century . . . My first few meals when in town. 

Deep Dish from Lou's - sausage and mushroom

Portillo's hotdog, run in through the garden and don't let it come close to a ketchup container.

Sammy's beef with extra giardiniera

Bill's thin crust sausage, mushroom, onion, green pepper. Leftovers for breakfast, cold. 

I may be the only person in Texas history to eat healthier once they moved TO Texas. 

If I could bring back one hot dog stand, it would be Wally's (Central and Diversey). Leon's hot dogs, garden on a bun. Bowser Dog was a good alternative, but they closed as well. They were replaced by Auto Zone and townhouses, respectively.

Where is Sammy's? I'll have to check it out if accessible. Jay's ((Nagel & Montrose) and Bob-O's (Irving Park east of Cumberland) are my two go-tos. Mr. Beef on Harlem south of Irving was solid until they sold a couple of years ago.

Can't do deep dish or anything Lou's due to their sausage patty. 

34 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If I could bring back one hot dog stand, it would be Wally's (Central and Diversey). Leon's hot dogs, garden on a bun. Bowser Dog was a good alternative, but they closed as well. They were replaced by Auto Zone and townhouses, respectively.

Where is Sammy's? I'll have to check it out if accessible. Jay's ((Nagel & Montrose) and Bob-O's (Irving Park east of Cumberland) are my two go-tos. Mr. Beef on Harlem south of Irving was solid until they sold a couple of years ago.

Can't do deep dish or anything Lou's due to their sausage patty. 

Way north in Round Lake. It's my mom's favorite. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Way north in Round Lake. It's my mom's favorite. 

Thanks.

Their owners there moved from their longtime Portage Park location I believe 10ish years ago. Our family would bring home Sammies for us kids, and Chinese Lings which was a few blocks west for occasional Saturday dinners.

Usually get their cheese burgers, but will try their beef the next trip.