In their own words...

Lip Man 1

Heard something interesting this afternoon, don't usually listen to the Score radio (bunch of clowns) but after listening to Holmes going off on the Sox I've been listening more.

This afternoon Dan Berstein asked Steve Stone directly if he could say who was really running the White Sox.

Stone said that honestly he didn't know.

That ties into the previous comments about the manager telling the front office who he wants on the club (i.e. signings) and of course we remember Kenny's quote about how when JR wants to know something he calls him and not Hahn.

Like I said this is an inept, dysfunctional and incompetent organization that doesn't even know when to put guys on the IL or give an update on the health of the field manager. 

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Rushed to the majors is something I never think can completely destroy a hitter. If you have the talent to play the game and make the necessary adjustments to keep the talent from being dominated by pitching talent and scouting reports you will be a good MLB player.

Take Tim Anderson for example .  Decent rookie year at the age of 23 but then in the next 2 years his weaknesses were exposed and he had down years. In 2019 he took a huge leap forward and stayed there. He became good through his own hard work and figuring out the game and how to hit. I'm sure some coaches along the way helped him but a player has to persevere and be mentally tough to go through the failures.

Some guys have so much talent they can be great at 21 yrs old. The rest have to work at it. I think the sooner you're brought up the more you can get into what you are supposed to learn in the big leagues. Facing inferior competition hardly prepares you to face the best in the world.

Colas turned 24 Sept. 17 . He needs to play against the best now. When you have 1st basemen playing the OF, an actually LH OF like Colas who already has the ability to hit both RH and LH pitching , has a strong arm and power and can also play CF is quite valuable. He made adjustments and was a better hitter in AA than A+ .Even if he has a  bad 1st season offensively like Vaughn did, at least he'll still provide positive value in the OF and we won't have to see Vaughn in RF ever again.

To me, it depends on what their flaws are as hitters. Are they able to work on those flaws in AAA? If so, then keep 'em down as long as they need to develop.

If they have to be pulled up to the big leagues to work on those flaws, then bring 'em up.

At some point all players will have their flaws. Whether those flaws will allow them to live up to anything resembling their potential is up to the scouts and player development staff to decide. To me, I almost always err on the side of "over-seasoning," provided that the coaches and player both buy in to a development plan.