Holmes joins the parade...

Lip Man 1

His take on what went wrong. Oddly he seems to place the blame totally on the players but not anyone else at least in print (I listened to his rant a few days ago which was different in placing blame):

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/2022/9/27/23375653/pinpointing-what-went-wrong-in-a-lost-chicago-white-sox-season-cleveland-guardians-central

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

7 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

His take on what went wrong. Oddly he seems to place the blame totally on the players but not anyone else at least in print (I listened to his rant a few days ago which was different in placing blame):

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/2022/9/27/23375653/pinpointing-what-went-wrong-in-a-lost-chicago-white-sox-season-cleveland-guardians-central

blaming the players is totally warrented and spot on

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

TLR and his coaching staff were god awful and the FO also has to take major blame. However I agree the players have to take an major share of the blame. Even if they had the greatest coaches, the pitcher still has to make pitches and hitters still need to hit the ball for extra base hits, home runs and drive in runs. These guys were paid millions to do their job and they failed miserably. 

Maybe if more of these underachieving slugs on this team were paid the money Dylan Cease was paid at $750,000, maybe they might of had more incentive to stay in better shape and perform better in the clutch.

• Like 1

Front office and TLR set the tone. Players responded with injuries and apathy. One of my favorite jokes:

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, zisk said:

Front office and TLR set the tone. Players responded with injuries and apathy. One of my favorite jokes:

What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?

I don't know and I don't care.

Paciorek used to use that one. Could use a real sense of humor in the broadcast booth right about now.

• Fire 1

2 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Paciorek used to use that one. Could use a real sense of humor in the broadcast booth right about now.

Stone's deal is up, could see him not returning. I believe Jason is signed beyond this season, not sure how many games he's required to announce for the Sox (seems like he missed 30-40 based on game thread comments).