Sox Quote of the Day...

Lip Man 1

I wish I could see and hear how he said this. In print it sounds like Grifol was a little testy towards DVS of the Sun-Times for wondering why Burger isn't playing.

“I’m not going to sit there and explain why,” Grifol said. “Just know that if [Burger isn’t] playing, that if it’s Sheets or somebody else playing, that’s a better matchup that particular day. We’re going to put the best matchup out there. And that’s a good problem to have.

“To provide what Burger provides, who doesn’t want Burger in the lineup? I want him, too. However, we only have nine spots. And it’s really not nine spots because he can’t catch, play shortstop or center field.”

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I wish I could see and hear how he said this. In print it sounds like Grifol was a little testy towards DVS of the Sun-Times for wondering why Burger isn't playing.

“I’m not going to sit there and explain why,” Grifol said. “Just know that if [Burger isn’t] playing, that if it’s Sheets or somebody else playing, that’s a better matchup that particular day. We’re going to put the best matchup out there. And that’s a good problem to have.

“To provide what Burger provides, who doesn’t want Burger in the lineup? I want him, too. However, we only have nine spots. And it’s really not nine spots because he can’t catch, play shortstop or center field.”

New Flash to Grifol: he can play third, first and DH!

A bit of randomness.

I'm f*cked if karma kicks hard. After arriving at our first night stop of an eight week road trip I realize I'm wearing 

"The Boys are Back" opening day 2021 shirt. Of s%*# we know how that turned out. 

I would have little hesitation handing Jake a mask and a chest protector. I caught for years because no one else wanted to. Work on your throws and framing a little. If you can't stop a ground ball you are not a player. Jiminy.