6/17 Games

BamaDoc

Birmingham lost game 1 of the DH 2-1. Matt Thompson struck out 8, but he walked 4. Was lucky to only give up 2 runs.  Popeye lead off game 2 with a HR. First AA start for Brooks Gosswein. He's been better this year at W-S. Lefty with decent stuff but inconsistent command.

Charlotte pouring it on. 2 HR for Reyes, 1 each for Haseley and Perez. Granny for Eric Gonzalez. Bullpen day for them. Everyone was good except Colome who walked 3 and gave up 2 runs. My personal punching bag AJ Alexy struck out the side in his only inning. 10-2 Knights.

3 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Just legged out an infield single as well, Popeye seems to be heating up after a slow start.

He seems to be a streaky hitter. Goes cold for a while then when he gets in the groove just tears the cover off. Same thing last year too

8 hours ago, bighurt4life said:

He seems to be a streaky hitter. Goes cold for a while then when he gets in the groove just tears the cover off. Same thing last year too

Prior to last year he always hit at every level though so I personally wouldn't label him as "streaky". His power binges are most certainly streaky so I'm with you there. Regardless, he seems to be on a definite heater right now which I love to see.