Titan Sub goes missing, debris found

Kyyle23

Terrible tragedy. Sad and bizarre story. I feel for those who are gone. As far as myself you seriously couldnt pay me 250,000 to go down that deep in a small vessel and that's what they paid to go down yonder. Sad.

I feel for the people that were onboard. But I also think that the rich should stop messing with the Titanic deep in the ocean and should leave space exploration to NASA. The company that made the submersible and didn’t make it safe should be liable for what happened. It’s a tragedy what happened, but maybe it leads to more regulation in the industry to keep people a little safer.

12 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Ive been a PADI certified diver for something like 35 yrs and that thing just looked vulnerable and unsafe as hell

The deepest Ive ever been was to 120 ft on a shipwreck and the pressure was griping my dry suit was unreal, I cant imagine more than 2 miles...

Every story that has come out regarding the fabrication of that submersible has looked worse than the prior.  He called it innovation but he just didn’t have the money or patience to test his theories before he set them into motion.  Crazy that he told that engineer/whistleblower that there was no way to test the sub for pressure capabilities.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:01 AM, Balta1701 said:

If you want an in depth version of the history of this guy and this thing, the New Yorker article was excellent.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/a-reporter-at-large/the-titan-submersible-was-an-accident-waiting-to-happen

They all knew all these people were dead and we did a two day O2 countdown 😑😑😑

IMG_1570.png