6/25 Gamethread

reiks12

12 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Burger way behind Robert in experience facing professional pitching. Just add up all their plate appearances in minors and majors.

There is no doubt is he way behind Robert and I wasn't suggesting he was close behind Robert in turning it around. However we have to hope in time, Jake figures it out, because his strength and bat speed are elite.

• Hawk 1

15 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Robert probably did not understand the language Grifol was using.  Hope he had a translator near by,  

I agree and the Sox do have one and his name is Billy Russo. He is the designated translator for Robert or any other Spanish speaking player that can't speak Spanish or has limited English speaking ability. I would sure hope Russo told Robert everything he said. 

I also read that Robert is trying to learn English, because he wants to be able to interact more with his teammates before and after the games. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

15 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

I think about this at some point during every game. Watching him glide around in CF is incredible. I don't think his defense is appreciated nearly enough. He is a generationally good defensive player.

That was the point Grifol was stressing, is how much of the field he can cover so gracefully and make it look so effortless. You're right though and Grifol said it himself as well, that he sometimes can be guilty of taking it for granted, just like fans take his CF play for granted. There is no doubt he is spectacular to watch play CF. 

Robert already won a gold glove a few years ago and I am hoping he is in a solid position to win his second gold glove. 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1