Series Threads Suggestion ~~ Why Watch

Texsox

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor*? f*** it we're Sox fans and we've had worse teams out there. We are also a group of really knowledgeable baseball fans that can see beyond the mounting losses and occasional win. 

I'm suggesting we start a series thread much like the game threads. Whomever wants the honor, (I'd suggest @chitownsportsfan for the first one since he inspired this idea with a great suggestion, can preview the series and find a couple reasons why we should watch.) Win the series and start the next one and we'll ride your streak like Sea Biscuit. Lose the series and someone else does the preview.

It might not be any heavy lifting, get the ball rolling and other posters will add to it.  What to watch for could be an interesting match up, players being called up, maybe something from the opposing team. Hell, the last time I was really excited was to see if we could set some losing streak records. But find a couple reasons why we should watch. 

We could start with the Cardinals or after the AS break. 

*Animal House reference. Sadly some of you never heard of the movie. 

1 hour ago, Texsox said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor*? f*** it we're Sox fans and we've had worse teams out there. We are also a group of really knowledgeable baseball fans that can see beyond the mounting losses and occasional win. 

I'm suggesting we start a series thread much like the game threads. Whomever wants the honor, (I'd suggest @chitownsportsfan for the first one since he inspired this idea with a great suggestion, can preview the series and find a couple reasons why we should watch.) Win the series and start the next one and we'll ride your streak like Sea Biscuit. Lose the series and someone else does the preview.

It might not be any heavy lifting, get the ball rolling and other posters will add to it.  What to watch for could be an interesting match up, players being called up, maybe something from the opposing team. Hell, the last time I was really excited was to see if we could set some losing streak records. But find a couple reasons why we should watch. 

We could start with the Cardinals or after the AS break. 

*Animal House reference. Sadly some of you never heard of the movie. 

A little visual reference for the yutes.....