Is Stone doing just home games now?

xygfrie

15 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

I think Beckham has actually gotten better. He's tolerable to listen to. I remember Jason being good when the Sox were good in 2020 and 2021. When the Sox aren't going well that's when he's a bit tough to listen to. Stony is the best out of all of them. He's a great analyst.

Be careful what you wish for. There is plenty, plenty worse out there. We have it pretty good on the Southside at the moment relatively speaking.

Reinsdorf always looking for ways to troll the base so no telling who would be next.

He hired an unwanted neophyte from KC - the city that was the inspiration for that obsolete on delivery ballpark.

Could have been in the South Loop raking up the cash in a modern day version of Wrigley Field - devoid of bad plumbing and undesirable vermin - human or otherwise. 

Edited by GradMc
  • Love 1

On 7/19/2023 at 3:09 AM, tray said:

I'd like to see Stone retire now. Give someone else a chance at the job.

Yes, it is time for Stone to go. He demeaned himself when he played the role of Reinsdorf spokesman. He should go before he does more damage to himself.

• Love 1

9 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Fans are more aware of his absence because we are getting Beckham and his verbal diarrhea as his replacement.

I actually did turn the volume off and just watched the game. I seriously cannot handle Beckham's non-stop annoying talk. He literally is blabbing until the pitch is thrown, 

I would even imagine Jason must not like it either, because I've noticed Jason gets less time to talk vs. when he is with Stone.

• Fire 1

1 hour ago, The Kids Can Play said:

I actually did turn the volume off and just watched the game. I seriously cannot handle Beckham's non-stop annoying talk. He literally is blabbing until the pitch is thrown, 

I would even imagine Jason must not like it either, because I've noticed Jason gets less time to talk vs. when he is with Stone.

Same here Lord protect my ear drums.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

AJ is the only interesting ex-Sox I'd be interested in hearing during a broadcast, Carl Everett would be a good guest fill-in for a few games / weeks a year.

I don't see AJ wanting to deal with a grind of a full season unless he was offered a managerial job, possibly a bench coach with a managerial job lineup up within a few years.

Let's think outside the box and go for Gary Sheffield.

On 7/19/2023 at 11:55 AM, caulfield12 said:

Really miss Rooney and Wayne Hagin...probably my favourite radio pairing of all time.

I think the worst possible combination to drive away fans would be Chris Rongey and Beckham.

Rongey is an ass

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 10:55 AM, caulfield12 said:

Really miss Rooney and Wayne Hagin...probably my favourite radio pairing of all time.

I think the worst possible combination to drive away fans would be Chris Rongey and Beckham.

Thank god Rongey doesn't do the pre and post radio shows anymore. He was a total POS! It was ridiculous how the radio station allowed him to be so rude and condescending to the fans who called in to voice their opinions. The joke of it was, if a fan called in and kissed his ass with nice comments, then they might win the coveted, "caller of the night" and win that stupid pizza gift card. LMAO! 

• Haha 1