FutureSox Top 30 Week: Just Missed

Y2Jimmy0

I am sure it takes time to put this together.  Sprinkle went down to ACL on a rehab.  Better since his return.   Hit .275 in Aug with .765 OPS.  Granted a small sample.  Adding in Sept, still over .250. If his glove is as good as advertised, that could be a useful SS or utility player if it is maintainable.  Agree I wouldn't have him top 30.  Hopefully, more in top 30 have some level of promising performance.

Glad to see Kath is getting ranked more for performance than draft pick status.  Hope he puts it together but results aren't there despite many saying "beautiful swing".  

Several catchers and pitchers is nice to see.  Granted most of these guys won't amount to anything but still with rosy glasses and squinting I can hope.

Jimmy(anyone), do many organizations use VR glasses to give guys thousands of pitches with which to try and learn spin/strike zones?

I'm afraid of Sprinkle being another Cleuluis Rondon.

Really hoping Vera ditches the injury bug.

As for the guys on here that I'm excited about:

• Game thread favorite Javier Mogollón
  • Aldrín Batista - if the Sox screwed up and whiffed on a signee, it doesn't look like a bad rebound
  • Tim Elko. Like Bmags, I think I'd have ranked him, but I am wary of high .BABIP, high K% guys (thanks Yoan)
  • Calvin Harris, because lefty catchers are exciting
  • Shane Murphy, because until Ky Bush and Jake Eder joined the system, there was such a desperate need for a lefty starter that he was the prince that was promised. Also "feel to pitch."

Also, as always, appreciate these lists James!

1 hour ago, Quin said:

I'm afraid of Sprinkle being another Cleuluis Rondon.

Really hoping Vera ditches the injury bug.

As for the guys on here that I'm excited about:

• Game thread favorite Javier Mogollón
  • Aldrín Batista - if the Sox screwed up and whiffed on a signee, it doesn't look like a bad rebound
  • Tim Elko. Like Bmags, I think I'd have ranked him, but I am wary of high .BABIP, high K% guys (thanks Yoan)
  • Calvin Harris, because lefty catchers are exciting
  • Shane Murphy, because until Ky Bush and Jake Eder joined the system, there was such a desperate need for a lefty starter that he was the prince that was promised. Also "feel to pitch."

Also, as always, appreciate these lists James!

I don't think that's fair, sprinkle looked much different after he was injured, and always had more power than rondon had.

I think as long as we have so few of his profile, he'll be more likely to make majors on  our team than others. And I think likelihood of major league time is something I"m starting to weigh more now that we see how little we can pull in and how we sign people like elvis andrus.

Pretty bold that Chappy is gonna be a top 15 prospect, but I'll accept it.

In all seriousness:

• Burke is one of the more exciting guys on this list
  • I can see a Hackenburg vs. Lee battle in Spring Training, with Lee getting the advantage due to his big power
  • Did Burrowes mostly fall due to new acquisitions / what should we be expecting from a 19-year-old LatAm signing?
  • Likewise, Veras holding steady after new acquisitions is pretty dope
  • Carela for Middleton just seems like a good parting gift from Hahn
  • Interest in seeing where Tatum ends up.

2 hours ago, Quin said:

Pretty bold that Chappy is gonna be a top 15 prospect, but I'll accept it.

In all seriousness:

• Burke is one of the more exciting guys on this list
  • I can see a Hackenburg vs. Lee battle in Spring Training, with Lee getting the advantage due to his big power
  • Did Burrowes mostly fall due to new acquisitions / what should we be expecting from a 19-year-old LatAm signing?
  • Likewise, Veras holding steady after new acquisitions is pretty dope
  • Carela for Middleton just seems like a good parting gift from Hahn
  • Interest in seeing where Tatum ends up.

We didn't rank Chapelli but I should've included him in just missed. His numbers are better than they were. Oops.