Whatcha Y'all doing to beat the Winter blues?

The Grinder

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of walking and reading for sure.  I read books on Kindle and listen to audiobooks.  I walk every morning before work, and that gives me about 45 minutes of quite time with an audiobook.  Having just turned 50 this year, I'll be adding some additional exercise over the winter.  That will allow me to continue my conquering of as many local craft beers as I can.  I've started haunting bottle shops, picking up random and off the wall beers to try.  Sounds like a perfect winter hobby.

Spending as much time with family as I can.  All three kids are grown, and even though two still live at home (the other is in school at WIU), we don't see each other much due to their busy schedules.  Weekends when we can all be together are precious moments.

And photography.  I bought a decent camera a couple years ago, and when my wife and I are on our walks, I like to capture wildlife pics.  Probably head over to Rock Run Rookery in Joliet to see the bald eagles.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

I turn down everything in September to November to get school and coaching settled. I picked up a stand up/ improv gig last night and have then lined up once a month until May. 

Planning our dinner trip and Lake Superior and living above the freezing line also help.