Nike money grab

Dick Allen

Jerseys have really gone up in popularity the last decade or so. I think the vast majority of fans own at least one jersey of their favorite team. Obviously, the switch from Majestic to Nike a few years ago required many to update their wardrobe. Now Nike is making small changes to all teams’ jersey, obviously to sell even more. All white jerseys will be going to a slightly off white. The numbers and letters on the names on the back will be going smaller, and the overlay on the buttons in front will be more narrow. You will notice teams with piping on the front like the Tigers, those pipes will be much closer together. 

The good news is if you are OK with the old version, there should be tons available steeply discounted at places like TJ Maxx and Marshall’s soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Jerseys have really gone up in popularity the last decade or so. I think the vast majority of fans own at least one jersey of their favorite team. Obviously, the switch from Majestic to Nike a few years ago required many to update their wardrobe. Now Nike is making small changes to all teams’ jersey, obviously to sell even more. All white jerseys will be going to a slightly off white. The numbers and letters on the names on the back will be going smaller, and the overlay on the buttons in front will be more narrow. You will notice teams with piping on the front like the Tigers, those pipes will be much closer together. 

The good news is if you are OK with the old version, there should be tons available steeply discounted at places like TJ Maxx and Marshall’s soon. 

I've honestly thought the opposite.  I feel like I see way less jerseys at the games now a days.

20 hours ago, Texsox said:

Thanks @Dick Allen I took a stroll down memory lane

https://mlbcollectors.com/CWSjerseys3.php

Looking at other teams it seems that Majestic made minor changes on a regular basis also. They are selling to teams, I wonder if minor changes like this really increase sales to regular fans. 

Yeah I personally don’t give a s%*#, and I don’t think anyone I know is going to feel compelled to update their jersey wardrobe to perfectly match Nike’s latest jersey style.

• Like 1