Hendriks signs with Red Sox

Lip Man 1

10 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/02/23/liam-hendriks-red-sox-white-sox-boston-chicago-mlb-tommy-john-cancer

“We had too many guys pulling in different directions, too many cooks in the kitchen trying to fix what they thought was [wrong],” he said this week. “There’s a lot of Type A people in a clubhouse. You’ve got certain people thinking, ‘This is the way it’s got to go.’ Certain people want to fix something, so they just scream and yell until someone fixes it. There wasn’t, honestly, enough positivity and eagerness to go out there and play on a day-to-day basis.”

According to Hendriks, some Sox teammates didn’t like it, in particular how open and accessible he was with the media.

“Some guys thought I was seeking too much attention,” he said. “But when you answer questions in a non-generic way, they tend to come to you a little bit more. And I’m not one to shy away from a conversation, whether it be uncomfortable, whether I’m going well, whether I’m going poorly. I want to be as transparent as I can, because baseball is a very stoic man’s sport.

La Russa and the assholes he recruited (primarily Lynn and Kelly). Keuchel was an asshat before and after La Russa.

13 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/02/23/liam-hendriks-red-sox-white-sox-boston-chicago-mlb-tommy-john-cancer

“We had too many guys pulling in different directions, too many cooks in the kitchen trying to fix what they thought was [wrong],” he said this week. “There’s a lot of Type A people in a clubhouse. You’ve got certain people thinking, ‘This is the way it’s got to go.’ Certain people want to fix something, so they just scream and yell until someone fixes it. There wasn’t, honestly, enough positivity and eagerness to go out there and play on a day-to-day basis.”

According to Hendriks, some Sox teammates didn’t like it, in particular how open and accessible he was with the media.

“Some guys thought I was seeking too much attention,” he said. “But when you answer questions in a non-generic way, they tend to come to you a little bit more. And I’m not one to shy away from a conversation, whether it be uncomfortable, whether I’m going well, whether I’m going poorly. I want to be as transparent as I can, because baseball is a very stoic man’s sport.

Well when over half the team can’t speak English, who are they going to stick a mic in front of haha