AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Bruh, who is WE?

90% of this board knew this was going to be a 100 loss campaign. Aint no we thought this was a .500 team.

Sorry for the confusion. I don't think anybody thought this was a .500 team, myself included. (I predicted 68 wins.) The way they're playing right now (albeit, against the limping Rays and Cards) is what I thought the team would look like, picking off 2-3 wins a week, not historic losing and scoring deficits. 

Just now, WestEddy said:

Sorry for the confusion. I don't think anybody thought this was a .500 team, myself included. (I predicted 68 wins.) The way they're playing right now (albeit, against the limping Rays and Cards) is what I thought the team would look like, picking off 2-3 wins a week, not historic losing and scoring deficits. 

Ok that makes way more sense.

Im interested to see what happens against Cleveland, New York, and Baltimore over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, T R U said:

Basically what's going to happen all year is the Sox will be awful, then they will hit a stretch where they have gone 5-5 in their last 10 and posters will start to be like "Hmm maybe we aren't really that bad" and then they'll lose 6 in a row and it will be back to the dumps, then inevitably have another 5-5 game stretch and posters will be like "You know, maybe Chris Flexen IS a good SP option." "Call me crazy, but Gavin Sheets just might be the answer in RF". Then its back to the dumps again.

Over and over, repeat.

Once they dump their tradable assets at the deadline, it will get even worse.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think it's entirely possibly we play like .400 ball from here on out. That would be like a 52-110 team. Just putrid but not historically awful. I agree, soft bias of low expectations.

I already accepted a while ago this was going to be a miserable season. The best part of the games now is watching Ramos start hot. Hopefully, we get some Montgomery and Thorpe up here soon then its going to be must watch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, T R U said:

Basically what's going to happen all year is the Sox will be awful, then they will hit a stretch where they have gone 5-5 in their last 10 and posters will start to be like "Hmm maybe we aren't really that bad" and then they'll lose 6 in a row and it will be back to the dumps, then inevitably have another 5-5 game stretch and posters will be like "You know, maybe Chris Flexen IS a good SP option." "Call me crazy, but Gavin Sheets just might be the answer in RF". Then its back to the dumps again.

Over and over, repeat.

It's an adage that no team is as bad as they look during a horrible cold streak, and they're not as good as they look during a hot streak. If Chris Flexen continues to pitch like this, he is a good SP option, and should get starts until he's traded. Gavin Sheets' bat should be in the lineup, and if they're not going to bench Vaughn or Eloy, then RF it is. He would be the answer in RF if he got a lot better. 

I'm just relieved this team doesn't look like they're going to break the loss record, and some of the rentals they may have intended to flip are looking like baseball players. 

5 minutes ago, T R U said:

Im interested to see what happens against Cleveland, New York, and Baltimore over the next few weeks.

Baltimore will be brutal. Maybe not as bad as what Norfolk did to Charlotte the opening week, but cringey. 

54 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

It's an adage that no team is as bad as they look during a horrible cold streak, and they're not as good as they look during a hot streak. If Chris Flexen continues to pitch like this, he is a good SP option, and should get starts until he's traded. Gavin Sheets' bat should be in the lineup, and if they're not going to bench Vaughn or Eloy, then RF it is. He would be the answer in RF if he got a lot better. 

I'm just relieved this team doesn't look like they're going to break the loss record, and some of the rentals they may have intended to flip are looking like baseball players. 

This team was never going to lose 120 games or get shut out 30+ times. That was over the top, it wasn't and isn't going to happen. They're still a really bad baseball team that will be incredibly fortunate to get anything for some of these guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I would say that LF is the position you are describing, not necessarily RF.  You are also banking on 107 at bats from Sheets this year to say he should be our starting RF going forward.  I guess you have faith that this is the guy he truly is and he will keep it up.  I don’t share that same faith.

Yeah I mean I don't think Sheets has proven himself yet to be a 'good' right fielder, my point in saying "good enough" is that if his bat keeps up for the whole season, his defense seems improved enough that he could probably stick there. I've been Gavin's biggest hater but he's genuinely impressed me this season. To me he's clearly better at right field than Grossman was, and the World Series champs just gave up a prospect for that guy. I hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong.