Bye, Bye Robbie?

winninguglyin83

from a story in today's NY Daily News

here is the link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/136284p-121248c.html

sez Robbie's agent has called the Yankees. Sez KW is saying the Sox probably won't resign Robbie. And that although Robbie hated the Mets, he loves the Yankees. Would love to play for them.

Just like he loves the White Sox.

Luv the one you're with, I reckon.

if this keeps up, this will be the Sox lineup in 2004.

1 -- Harris CF

2 -- Miles 2b

3 -- Thomas DH

4 -- Gload 1b

5 -- Rowand LF

6 -- Crede 3B

7 -- Reed RF

8 -- Valentin ss

9 -- Olivo C

Total payroll of batting order: $11,000,000.25 -- $6 mill for Frank, $5 mill for Jose and spare change for everybody else.

If you believe the rumors of the last few days, we're shipping Maggs and either C Lee and Konerko out, too, in deals for pitching and prospects.

i''m guessing cutting payroll is job one right now.

and, truth be told, it wouldn't bother me if they don't resign Alomar.

He's still a solid player, but nowhere close to an all-star. His batting average and OBP were nothing extraordinary. I would't give him a two-year deal unless it was for a small guarantee and driven by incentives.

Plus, if you read between the lines in his agents comments, Robbie doesn't get too juiced up to play if the team falls outta the race.

Not the best attitude to have around a team that will have a considerable number of younger players.

I don't think it will be The Lineup either.

just trying exaggerate the point that the Sox sure seem primed to radically overhaul the team we saw the last 2 1/2 months.

And if that is indeed the case, you can expect a fair share of guys making the minimum or close to it.

Just my guess

when fans watch Miguel Cabrerra, Dontrelle Willis and Josh Beckett, we see exciting young players.

When JR sees guys like that, he sees a team beating the Yankees with about one third the payroll.

Book that.

from a story in today's NY Daily News

here is the link:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/story/136284p-121248c.html

sez Robbie's agent has called the Yankees. Sez KW is saying the Sox probably won't resign Robbie. And that although Robbie hated the Mets, he loves the Yankees. Would love to play for them.

Just like he loves the White Sox.

Luv the one you're with, I reckon.

if this keeps up, this will be the Sox lineup in 2004.

1 -- Harris CF

2 -- Miles 2b

3 -- Thomas DH

4 -- Gload 1b

5 -- Rowand LF

6 -- Crede 3B

7 -- Reed RF

8 -- Valentin ss

9 -- Olivo C

Total payroll of batting order: $11,000,000.25 -- $6 mill for Frank, $5 mill for Jose and spare change for everybody else.

Man, there's a chance we are really gonna blow next year. Luckily we have Kenny Williams, the pride of Stanford U., to prevent that.

Well I won't be dissapointed if the Sox go another direction at 2nd. Alomar was really pretty over-rated when here in my opinion. He did some good, but I also think he's on the downside of his career and money is better spent elsewhere. I think they will go with someone who will platoon with Harris.

I want Robbie back - is was nice to see 2nd base played well defensively for a change, for the first time since maybe Bobby Knoop.

Jas: the incredibly intelligent person you have in your signature is on the cover of Rolling Stone. Could a human being be any dumber?

Why would Robbie sign with the Yankees when Soriano already plays second? Dumb rumor.

Two possible reasons......

There have been rumors the Yanks will move Soriano in a trade. There also has been speculation that they will move him to CF and move Bernie to a corner spot.

If either hold true, then Robby fits.

Jas: the incredibly intelligent person you have in your signature is on the cover of Rolling Stone. Could a human being be any dumber?

I didn't know piercing intelligence and erudition were pre-requisite to

Has-Been Pop Princessdom.

The more pressing question is...are they real and/or spectacular?

Bye Robbie. Mary Pierce is one ugly chick.

Ahhh Sorry.. But Robbie hasn't been with Pierce for about 2 years

Kenny is a Dick and So is EL CHEAPO. I'm sick of this always going cheap.

:fyou CHEAPO :fyou

:dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips***

Why would Robbie sign with the Yankees when Soriano already plays second? Dumb rumor.

It could also mean people are hearing its a given that Soriano is out, which bodes well to the rumors that him and Johnson could be moved for Schilling or even better....my hope of Maggs for those two :D

Bye Robbie. Mary Pierce is one ugly chick.:

hes way over her...they've been broken up for ever...and i don't agree with Robbie's taste, her and MY SISTER

i stayed at the same hotel as the redsox in Boston and he invited my sister into the bar, and eventaully my, my father and my other sister joined and talked to him...this was that series against Boston when Colon and Beurhle won and the sox were tied with the twins...sep 14th i think, anyway i got all of the teams autographs in the bar and outside the bus

But Robbie offered my sister tickets and stuff and they exchanged #'s and he has called her a few times, at the bar sandy, ass hole koch and harold all stopped by for a bit...I asked Robbie many quewstions and he said that he reall ywants to go back to Chicago and it will only happen if Sandy does...as a player or bench coach

It was really cool, and i like Robbie a lot after this, althoguh its weird especially becuz hes about 14 years older than my sis

Bye Robbie. Mary Pierce is one ugly chick.:

hes way over her...they've been broken up for ever...and i don't agree with Robbie's taste, her and MY SISTER

i stayed at the same hotel as the redsox in Boston and he invited my sister into the bar, and eventaully my, my father and my other sister joined and talked to him...this was that series against Boston when Colon and Beurhle won and the sox were tied with the twins...sep 14th i think, anyway i got all of the teams autographs in the bar and outside the bus

But Robbie offered my sister tickets and stuff and they exchanged #'s and he has called her a few times, at the bar sandy, ass hole koch and harold all stopped by for a bit...I asked Robbie many quewstions and he said that he reall ywants to go back to Chicago and it will only happen if Sandy does...as a player or bench coach

It was really cool, and i like Robbie a lot after this, althoguh its weird especially becuz hes about 14 years older than my sis

Who is Harold? :huh:

Robbie's got a Hot chick down here

dont care if u dont believe me, harold being harold baines, sox bench coach...got pics to prove , but whatever

what do u mean hes got a hot chick down here?

I didn't say I didn't belive ya. But he does have a really hot girl down here in PUERTO RICO!

I didn't say I didn't belive ya. But he does have a really hot girl down here in PUERTO RICO!

Don't take this personally PWSox, but if he is like most any other baseball player, he has a hot chick in Chicago, one in New York, one in Puerto Rico and half the other cities in the league.