Steroids...

Gene Honda Civic

This may have been posted because i thought this would have been announced prior to now, but appearently the White Sox got what they wanted.

Here's a link

This is a HUGE story I can't believe it didn't lead off SportCenter. I just posted something last night about the farce of steroid testing last year. I guess this mean that the game is going to get cleaned up. It's just too bad that those who already tested positive don't get punished, and get time to get off the juice.

Many questions are going to need to be answered. I wonder what substances are they going to be looking for?

I am amazed baseball hasn't had the testing prior to next season. I know at MSU, if we get caught with any performance enhancing drugs, we get a year suspension for any MSU athletics for a first offense. The penalty for mariuana and other drugs is only 30 days for a first time offender. There was also a huge list of banned supstances which was given to us. I hate hearing about the track athletes and gymnasts getting in trouble for cough medicine, as why the IOC no longer looks for whatever is in cough meds and caffiene (sp?).

Do you guys remember when they did the anonymous drug testing close to the beginning of the year? Well, just about the whole White Sox team purposely failed by not taking the test, so that there would be the mandatory drug testing. So right there that is about 3% of baseball already from one team. By the way, good move by the sox, so Sosa can't use them anymore. No cork, no steroids, how will he hit 30 homers??? :stupid

Do you guys remember when they did the anonymous drug testing close to the beginning of the year?  Well, just about the whole White Sox team purposely failed by not taking the test, so that there would be the mandatory drug testing.  So right there that is about 3% of baseball already from one team.  By the way, good move by the sox, so Sosa can't use them anymore.  No cork, no steroids, how will he hit 30 homers???  :stupid

You didn't get the whole story. The White Sox WANTED to refuse the tests to increase the positive results, so that mandatory testing would occur, but in about 20 minutes the players association went ballistic on their asses, so the Sox fell in line and participated in testing.

By the way, can they eliminate the drugs the Sox took - the GIDP steroid?